How Apple Music and the iCloud Music Library work with iTunes Match

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 48
    chez whiteychez whitey Posts: 148member
    Bad things happen to my music library when I plug my iPhone into my iMac, Apple music is cool but as always iTunes sucks
  • Reply 42 of 48
    chabigchabig Posts: 641member

I haven't seen it mentioned yet, but you should keep a backup of the music you own, just like you keep backups of all of your other data.

• Reply 43 of 48
    gatorguygatorguy Posts: 24,213member
    chabig wrote: »
    I haven't seen it mentioned yet, but you should keep a backup of the music you own, just like you keep backups of all of your other data.
    Neil, (NHughes) talked about it earlier today here:
    http://forums.appleinsider.com/t/187053/appleinsider-podcast-discusses-apple-music-the-iphones-8th-birthday-plus-listener-questions#post_2744198
  • Reply 44 of 48
    geech323geech323 Posts: 1member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by thrang View Post

The new service and iTunes is a clusterfick, sorry to say...Im a 25 year Apple user, the whole family is actually...

The problem starts with Apple forcing you to use icloud Music Library IF you want to use a very reasonable feature of Apple Music, offline listening.

This totally disables any normal local syncing, and you can even control what gets uploaded to the cloud - it tries to jam everything up there.

This is exactly my problem with it as well.  I want to be able to use offline listening, and also control my syncs.  It doesn't seem unreasonable.  I could do it with Google Music.

• Reply 45 of 48
    sirdirsirdir Posts: 188member
    Why do all apple cloud products always suck?
    I'm having huge problems with icloud photo as well. Suddenly it wants to upload fotos from my iphone with a new name that already are in the library. To get rid of it, I turned iClod Photos off on my iphone and then deleted all photos.
    After re-enabling it, about 150 of 34000 fotos got deleted from the iCloud library? WTF!
    it's just pure chaos. I also get 'empty' fotos. in my library.
  • Reply 46 of 48
    I too have had major problems, and Apple's recent update/fix didn't work. In short it is a real mess by Apple, and it's not OK to screw up so many users iTunes Libraries.

I think we should make Apple pay attention to this. Please sign this petition, and spread the word.

https://www.change.org/p/tim-cook-dear-apple-it-s-not-ok-to-destroy-my-itunes-library?just_created=true
  • Reply 47 of 48

I too have had major problems, and Apple's recent update/fix didn't work. In short it is a real mess by Apple, and it's not OK to screw up so many users iTunes Libraries.

I think we should make Apple pay attention to this. Please sign this petition, and spread the word.

https://www.change.org/p/tim-cook-dear-apple-it-s-not-ok-to-destroy-my-itunes-library?just_created=true

• Reply 48 of 48
    where do you go to shut off I Cloud Library. My IPhone won't download more than 400 songs because it says my ICloud Library is turned on. I used to have over a 1,000 songs on my IPhone. ?????