Samsung said to debut Galaxy Note 5 in mid-August in race to beat 'iPhone 6s' publicity

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 44
    relicrelic Posts: 4,735member
    slurpy wrote: »
    The majority of flagship phones, from any manufacturer, don't have an SD slot, and it will become even less common. I can't even fathom why you would need nor want 150 movies stored locally on a phone, besides bragging rights. I can't even imagine WATCHING a full movie on a phone, unless I was REALLY desperate, like bored out of my mind on a plane. Not something particularly enjoyable. Definitely does not outweigh all the other disadvantages of using a blackberry.

I'm still in and out of the hospital so having a large collection of films with me is important to passing the time, though I also have about 200 ebooks as well, I mean why not, it's 200GB. The advantages of my Passport definitely out way the disadvantages 10 to 1, I'm extremely happy with this phone which is all that's important, as I'm sure you are with yours.

Edit: I forgot to mention that I always pack with me a small projector and Bluetooth speaker during my stays, a Vivitek QUMI Q7+ and Bose SoundLink Mini II, I never watch films directly from any of my mobile devices, including tablets, to small.
  • Reply 42 of 44
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Relic View Post

I'm still in and out of the hospital so having a large collection of films with me is important to passing the time, though I also have about 200 ebooks as well, I mean why not, it's 200GB. The advantages of my Passport definitely out way the disadvantages 10 to 1, I'm extremely happy with this phone which is all that's important, as I'm sure you are with yours.

Edit: I forgot to mention that I always pack with me a small projector and Bluetooth speaker during my stays, a Vivitek QUMI Q7+ and Bose SoundLink Mini II, I never watch films directly from any of my mobile devices, including tablets, to small.

Hardcore user and/or movie buff! Well hopefully whatever you are going to hospital for is getting better :)

• Reply 43 of 44
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Relic View Post

Well, first, I'm happy to hear you're doing better! Seems like only a year ago you weren't sure you'd be around this long. Secondly, I'm glad you aren't watching movies on a cell phone... that's just wrong!  :-)

• Reply 44 of 44
    relicrelic Posts: 4,735member
    Well, first, I'm happy to hear you're doing better! Seems like only a year ago you weren't sure you'd be around this long. Secondly, I'm glad you aren't watching movies on a cell phone... that's just wrong!  :-)

Thank you so much, we bought my son a Oculus Rift for his birthday which I now use for moving watching when he's at school. Sometimes I'll sneak in a game of Team Fortress or Half Life 2, extremely entertaining but I can only play for about 30 minutes before I start getting a little nauseated. There is a fantastic program for watching movies called Cinema VR Experience. Now the movies themselves aren't VR but the app puts you into a movie theater environment with the movies playing on a big screen. It feels exactly like your in an actual movie theater.

The Oculus Rift is more for the gamer so I've been contemplating with the idea of buying a Samsung VR setup. I know it requires a Note 4 to function but honestly that doesn't bother me. I played around with one for a good 45 minutes and I was extremely impressed with the experience, especially using their version of virtual theater to watch movies. It has higher detail and the screen size for the movie playing seems to be bigger than the Oculus which is great as I will be using it primarily for this task, watching movies, as well as other VR content and Youtube VR. The Oculus just isn't portable enough for me, I want a system that can easily fit into my gadget bag for when I need to go to the hospital. I would also need to buy a gaming laptop like the Alienware 13 which will add just enough cost on top of the Oculus for me to skip it. I can grab a used Note 4 for about 400 bucks and the Samsung helmet for another 180. I've bought video glasses for more that didn't even come close to the experience that this setup offers. Have any opinions on this, besides Samsung sucks.