At 97%, Apple Watch customer satisfaction outpaces original iPhone, iPad - report

Comments

• Reply 41 of 83
    paulmjohnsonpaulmjohnson Posts: 1,380member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by ThePixelDoc View Post

I have a gut feeling your proclaimed individualism gets in the way of you having any kind of decent experience, whether with Apple devices, in it's stores... or socially whatsoever. You might look up "Attitude Adjustment Therapy" for some help on that.

Nah, I'm not going to do that.  

I'm just a regular consumer.  I either use a shop/product or don't depending on how good the experience is.  All I'm saying here is that I used to enjoy using the Apple Store, and now I don't.  I don't really care if Apple care about that or not.  I just don't think I should not say on what is a comment site what my personal experience is, just because it doesn't fit with people like you who assume anyone who doesn't think everything Apple does is great has something wrong with them.

• Reply 42 of 83
    pscooter63pscooter63 Posts: 1,080member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by mhikl View Post

So far, no questionnaire has come for me to fill out.

Do you or your ISP have a spam filter set up?  Considering how many of these are generated daily, Apple's solicitations might "trip" some spam intercepters, and thus never reach your inbox.

• Reply 43 of 83
    512ke512ke Posts: 782member

Apple is the finest tech company. They have very deep pockets. They have a huge dedicated user base. They have their famous ecosystem. All of the above are reasons why the Apple Watch ultimately will succeed, not fail. Sorry, doomsayers.

• Reply 44 of 83
    boltsfan17boltsfan17 Posts: 2,294member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sog35 View Post

good to hear.

What model did you get?  I'm thinking of getting the black sport 42. 

What do you like most about it?

I bought the 42 stainless steel model with black sport band. 

It's hard to narrow down to one thing I like the most. Overall, I love the feel of the watch on my wrist. It doesn't even feel like I have a watch on my wrist. The sport bands are really nice. I didn't think much of it when I ordered, but viewing text messages on the watch has been one of my favorite features. I know all smart watches have this feature, but the UI and response to user interaction is really good on the Apple Watch. Ever since I've had the watch, I've found myself spending less time messing around with text messages. Another feature I love is the haptic alerts. When you've been sitting down a while, it's nice to get the haptic alert to remind you to stand up. I love being able to glance at my wrist to see the temperature and moon phase. I could go on and on about the stuff I like but I'll keep it short. I know all the naysayers say what's the big deal when you can just use your phone. I was one of those people before I bought the watch. Now I can't see myself going anywhere without the watch on my wrist. 

EDIT: One more thing I wanted to add is I've been using the watch for hiking. I use it with the Gaia GPS app. It works really well. I create my track on the app so then I'm able to follow it on the watch. It's nice being able to see how far you've walked and how far you are from your way point. 

• Reply 45 of 83
    mac_128mac_128 Posts: 3,454member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by mstone View Post

I would put myself in the "somewhat satisfied" category.

That's an interesting category. What does "somewhat satisfied" mean?

According to the survey "31 percent said they were "somewhat satisfied" while 66 percent were "very satisfied/delighted."

So that's really 66% that really love the watch, and 31% that have some reservations. Who knows what they are -- are they as minor as yours, or do they run deeper? Regardless, 66% is a passing grade, and the projected sales numbers seem to support that. We'll see in a couple of weeks just how much Apple's "other" category jumps to confirm that speculation. The watch is far from a runaway hit, by this survey, but it does seem to be generally well received, and is undoubtably selling well.    

• Reply 46 of 83
    fallenjtfallenjt Posts: 4,054member
    Quote:

what version of the Watch did you buy?

why did you return it? short on cash?  Do you have photos of your watch?  How can we be sure you are not a troll?

could be a troll.

• Reply 47 of 83
    Quote:

Originally Posted by leavingthebigG View Post

After popping up to $93 per share Friday, Google is down $16.02 as of this comment. Fortune, the great magazine for being two days late, is touting that the Google co-founders gained $4 billion in stock value Friday. I wonder if Jonathan Chew will write another article discussing how the Google co-founders lost that $4 billion in stock value the next week. :???:

By the end of this year, Google stock will go under $600.

• Reply 48 of 83
    jungmarkjungmark Posts: 6,926member
    But but... the articles on columnist returns!
  • Reply 49 of 83
    sphericspheric Posts: 2,560member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Mac_128 View Post

The watch is far from a runaway hit, by this survey, but it does seem to be generally well received, and is undoubtably selling well.    

The article makes absolutely no assertion as to "hit status" of the watch, but a 97% approval rating among purchasers is pretty much unheard of in any industry. 

I'm pretty sure that in the $700-$1200 market bracket, the Apple Watch is enough of a "runaway hit" to have the watch industry collectively soiling their pants and scrambling for a counter-product. But that's just speculation at this point, admittedly.

• Reply 50 of 83
    sphericspheric Posts: 2,560member
    Quote:

Dude the problem is with you.

You made an appointment.  They kept the appointment.  They will fix your screen.  Come back later and pick it up.  I mean seriously!  Who do you think you are?  Some kind of celebrity that deserves to be treated like a King?  You can't bother to wait 4 hours?  What did you think?  That screens get fixed in 10 seconds?

You are an extremely impatient person.  For people like you its probably better you don't visit AppleStores.  

And furthermore if your time was so important why didn't you ASK THEM how long it would take to fix the screen BEFORE you made the appointment?  Every thought of that?  Because for most NORMAL people they understand the screens don't get fixed instantly.

Wait for it…countdown to "But I paid extra for the PREEEMIUM PRODUCT" whine in 3…….2……..1……..

• Reply 51 of 83

This is my wish for Apple Watch 2: $279/$329 for Sport version. I'll go for the Gold Sport. LOL.

• Reply 52 of 83
    anantksundaramanantksundaram Posts: 20,404member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by mstone View Post

In terms of what would make me more satisfied: I hope Watch OS 2 will iron out a few things and offer better functionality. Right now I rate it a "Just Ok". I find the UI a little clunky.

I'm not sure what your Apple Pay reference is about. Once you lose connection to your wrist you can only access the clock face without entering your pass code.

Ah, the "UI is a little clunky." How so? I am genuinely curious.

The passcode is a necessary condition for ApplePay. Not for anything else, afaik. So, if you're not using AP on the Watch, you would not need to activate the passcode.

• Reply 53 of 83
    Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulMJohnson View Post

Yeah I could, but that's not in my nature.  I'll just stop using the Genius Bar, having already stopped using the Apple Stores to buy things.  Obviously I'm in the minority, since Apple continually report Apple Stores going gangbusters, but the experience in them has been getting worse and worse over time.  They are always far too busy, staff tend to congregate talking to each other and make me feel like I'm intruding when I ask them for help.  I just can't be bothered with that.

The problem with the Genius Bar is I made an appointment, showed up at the right time (this was to have the screen replaced on an iPhone after I dropped it), only to be told it would take them 4 hours to replace it.  The problem is I could have gone to a non-Apple place and they'd have replaced it on the spot.  As it was, I couldn't be bothered with that and just bought a replacement phone off the Genius Bar guy.

Obviously it's my impatience there, but it's hard to see why when you make an appointment (and they are hard to come by at my local Apple Store), that it's still going to take ages to get anything done.

What kind of Genius Bar did you go? I replaced my screen and receiving radio because my 1 year old drooled on it. It took only 30 min to replace these, oh twice last year. 4 hrs? I don't fucking believe it.

• Reply 54 of 83
    Quote:

Yeah I could, but that's not in my nature.  I'll just stop using the Genius Bar, having already stopped using the Apple Stores to buy things.  Obviously I'm in the minority, since Apple continually report Apple Stores going gangbusters, but the experience in them has been getting worse and worse over time.  They are always far too busy, staff tend to congregate talking to each other and make me feel like I'm intruding when I ask them for help.  I just can't be bothered with that.

The problem with the Genius Bar is I made an appointment, showed up at the right time (this was to have the screen replaced on an iPhone after I dropped it), only to be told it would take them 4 hours to replace it.  The problem is I could have gone to a non-Apple place and they'd have replaced it on the spot.  As it was, I couldn't be bothered with that and just bought a replacement phone off the Genius Bar guy.

Obviously it's my impatience there, but it's hard to see why when you make an appointment (and they are hard to come by at my local Apple Store), that it's still going to take ages to get anything done.

I never use the Genius Bar. I use Apple telephone support 100% of the time (when in real difficulty, i.e., can't easily find an answer on the web or the Apple Discussion Forum), and I have almost always been extremely satisfied.

Moreover, I get to relax with a beer while I am getting my problem solved....

• Reply 55 of 83
    Quote:

Originally Posted by fallenjt View Post

What kind of Genius Bar did you go? I replaced my screen and receiving radio because my 1 year old drooled on it. It took only 30 min to replace these, oh twice last year. 4 hrs? I don't fucking believe it.

The one at Valley Fair Mall.  Took me five days to get an appointment, then was told it would be 4 hours until I could get it back.

http://www.apple.com/retail/valleyfair/

• Reply 56 of 83
    Quote:

The one at Valley Fair Mall.  Took me five days to get an appointment, then was told it would be 4 hours until I could get it back.

http://www.apple.com/retail/valleyfair/

It took you 5 days to get an appointment? LOL. You chose the available appointment that fits your schedule and that should take less than 15 min online. Dude, what planet are you from? I replaced mine at Valley Fair mall, both times. Dropped the phone, went to Starbucks close by, had a Macchiato and came back: it's ready.

• Reply 57 of 83
    Quote:

Originally Posted by fallenjt View Post

Yup. I replaced mine at Valley Fair mall, both times. Dropped the phone, went to Starbucks close by, had a Machiato and came back: it's ready.

Glad you had such a good experience.

I didn't.

• Reply 58 of 83
    Quote:

Originally Posted by anantksundaram View Post

I never use the Genius Bar. I use Apple telephone support 100% of the time (when in real difficulty, i.e., can't easily find an answer on the web or the Apple Discussion Forum), and I have almost always been extremely satisfied.

Moreover, I get to relax with a beer while I am getting my problem solved....

I generally use the Apple Discussion Forum - it's rare that I've not been able to solve a problem using that.

It's infrequent that I've needed to try and use the Genuis Bar, but like I say, the times I have it's just been a zoo.  It's fundamentally a good thing from Apples standpoint (when I switched to Apple stuff 10 years ago you didn't have much bother getting help!), but at the same time, it doesn't feel like they are scaling with demand in the stores, and that's impacting the experience.

• Reply 59 of 83
    dysamoriadysamoria Posts: 3,430member
    Of course it has higher satisfaction. It's a luxury item. The buyers already believe they want it. There's less experimental purchase involved.
  • Reply 60 of 83
    Quote:

Originally Posted by dysamoria View Post

Of course it has higher satisfaction. It's a luxury item. The buyers already believe they want it. There's less experimental purchase involved.

$350 is 'luxury'?

Wow.