New Zealand Apple Watch prices start at NZ$599, top out at NZ$30,000

Posted:
in Apple Watch edited July 2015
Days after announcing Apple Watch would launch in New Zealand on July 31, Apple updated its regional online storefront to reveal prices starting at 599 New Zealand dollars (about $395) for aluminum Apple Watch Sport models and up to NZ$30,000 for top-end Edition versions.

As seen on New Zealand's Online Apple Store, the most affordable 38mm Apple Watch Sport models are priced at NZ$599 and move up to NZ$699 for 42mm versions, while the same sizes in stainless steel start at NZ$949 and NZ$1,049.

Like countries where Watch is already on sale, PVD-coated Space Black stainless configurations are more expensive at NZ$1,849 and NZ$1,949 for 38mm and 42mm models, respectively. Customers also have the option to configure their Watch order with more expensive straps like the Classic Buckle, Leather Loop, Milanese Loop, Modern Buckle and Link Bracelet.

Finally, solid yellow and rose gold Apple Watch Edition models range from NZ$17,500 to NZ$30,000, depending on watch size and strap choice.

Apple is slowly rolling out Apple Watch availability beyond core launch markets Canada, China, Germany, the U.S., and the UK. June saw a start to sales in Italy, Mexico, Singapore, South Korea, Spain, Switzerland and Taiwan, while the Netherlands, Sweden and Thailand gained access to Watch last week.

Apple Watch orders go live in New Zealand at 7:01 a.m. local time on July 31.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    fallenjtfallenjt Posts: 4,054member
    Now it appears that US had lowest price of all.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    konqerrorkonqerror Posts: 685member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by fallenjt View Post

Now it appears that US had lowest price of all.

Nope. NZ prices include 15% GST. Pre-tax, the cheapest watch goes for about US $343.

• Reply 3 of 5

The New Zealand dollar has been in steep decline against the US Dollar since April, and has lost nearly 25% of its value over the past year. Given the current exchange rate, the Apple watch seems like a good deal in relative terms. I still doubt it will catch on here given the stingy, poverty consciousness that is pervasive, although I hope I am wrong.

Graph source: x-rates.com

• Reply 4 of 5
    kerrybkerryb Posts: 270member

Tip to my friend's in New Zealand, the Apple Watch is not ripe for picking save your money until it becomes more than a early adopter fetish 

• Reply 5 of 5
    sphericspheric Posts: 2,560member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by kerryb View Post

Tip to my friend's in New Zealand, the Apple Watch is not ripe for picking save your money until it becomes more than a early adopter fetish 

Tip to my friend's [sic] in New Zealand: decide for yourself whether the Apple Watch is worth it to you. 

97% user satisfaction is a pretty good indicator that our fetish is getting satisfied. ;)