Apple revises down capital expenditure projection 8% for fiscal 2015

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 24
    isteelersisteelers Posts: 738member
    Apple is probably the leanest, most efficient company on the planet. If they cut their spending then it was because they met their goals more efficiently than they first thought. Hardly see how this is a negative for a company that has $200 billion in the bank.
  • Reply 22 of 24
    Quote:

Originally Posted by lightknight View Post

Yeah, he's right. 

I mean, since Apple totally doesn't sell anything else than phones, and "data centers, corporate facilities and Apple Store facilities" obviously are things with totally negligible costs.

?Now, how the hell do I get myself a high-pay analyst job?

first off, I doubt he's your typical high pay analyst... he said it himself... he's an 'independent' analyst, vs 'dependent' analysts who have to feed to the stock buy/sell monster.   He doesn't get a commission or a bonus at the end of the year if his bank(ster)/equities firm makes a killing. 

2nd.   when 80% of your unit sales is rooted in effectively 2.5 versions (s, non-s, and 'c') , the 's' 'non-s' cycles are meaningful.  Much moreso than what a tweet can  entail.  

3rd and finally, I think he's saying what you are saying.   massive spend, and a huge uptick in land/property/equipment spend for Q4 compared to prior 's' years, makes it more about the non 's' spend.   But he's looking at it from the numbers, not from the gut.

• Reply 23 of 24
    robmrobm Posts: 1,068member
    rogifan wrote: »
    Here's the Bloomberg headline that others have decided to re-publish.

Apple Cuts $1 Billion From Capital Spending Forecast After IPhone Sales Miss

What a shameful headline. The only reason this is even a story is because the WSJ decided to compare this quarter's 10Q to last quarter's 10Q and noticed the change in capex forecast. There is NOTHING in Apple's 10Q or in any statements from Apple that indicate this change has anything to do with iPhone sales. To correlate the two is just shoddy journalism. :rolleyes:

Not in my wildest imaginings did I consider that they would try and relate the two.
    Disgusting, blatant, purposeful twisting of the truth.
    This is far from shoddy journalism

I hope someone in Apples legal department slaps a lawsuit on them.
  • Reply 24 of 24
    vvswarupvvswarup Posts: 336member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by RobM View Post

Not in my wildest imaginings did I consider that they would try and relate the two.

Disgusting, blatant, purposeful twisting of the truth.

This is far from shoddy journalism

I hope someone in Apples legal department slaps a lawsuit on them.

I disagree. Such a move would paint Apple as defensive.