Apple Watch to be sold at Best Buy on Aug. 7

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 55
    lkrupp wrote: »

You forgot this one...

Commentary: Sorry, Steve: Here's Why Apple Stores Won't Work

http://www.bloomberg.com/bw/stories/2001-05-20/commentary-sorry-steve-heres-why-apple-stores-wont-work

Hilarious read from 2001

best line:
    "Apple's problem is it still believes the way to grow is serving caviar in a world that seems pretty content with cheese and crackers," gripes former Chief Financial Officer Joseph Graziano.

riiight.
  • Reply 42 of 55
    pscooter63pscooter63 Posts: 1,080member

Man, I'd forgotten about some elements of that climate.  Handspring... Compaq... CompUSA... Gateway Country...  nice trip down schadenfreude-memory lane!

• Reply 43 of 55
    sphericspheric Posts: 2,564member
    rogifan wrote: »
    Hmm...I don't think I've ever ranted about the Apple Watch. I wish the media didn't matter but they do. When you go almost a week with news outlet after news outlet running with that Slice Intelligence report what are people supposed to think? I saw that stupid Fast Company 'see I told you ?Watch would be a flop' story multiple times in my Twitter feed. Obviously not much can be done about it as the media is all about generating clicks and writing anything about Apple does that.

Ah, but you see:

Apple matters to the media FAR more than the media matter to Apple.
  • Reply 44 of 55
    atlappleatlapple Posts: 496member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by sog35 View Post

the media does not matter.

The media said the iPod was an overpriced MP3 player.

The media said the Mac is too expensive.

The media said the iPhone would never take off because its way too expensive.

The media said the iPad was just a bigger iPhone.

The media said Samsung is eating Apple's lunch

Do I need to say anything else?

The media don't mean jack shit.  99% don't even read the crap that the media spews.  If the media was so powerful Apple would be bankrupt by now.  

Just stop.

Of course they don't matter as the stock drops again today. Stock has been going in one direction, not the right direction either.

Get a clue. 

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/people-clearly-worried-apples-golden-170703021.html

Apple is the iPhone. Unless they can come up with another product that can generate revenue like the iPhone then the iPhone is going to be the only product that matters. When it misses then the stock is going to drop. Period. 

The Apple Watch was suppose to set the fashion industry on fire, Swiss watch makers were suppose to be shaking right now, it was going to be a marvel of technology. Non of that has happened, at least not so far. 

The media and analysts matter, like them or not. 

• Reply 45 of 55
    Apple don't really care about their stock price, going so far as to tell people in it for quick gains to go invest elsewhere.
  • Reply 46 of 55
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by spheric View Post

Apple don't really care about their stock price, going so far as to tell people in it for quick gains to go invest elsewhere.

If that was actually true, they'd not have a dividend that pays out in a very narrow time frame which encourages investing institutions to buy up Apple stock then dump it as soon as it pays.

• Reply 47 of 55
    They didn't until very recently, and then, it seemed like it was just to shut up the finance moguls who wouldn't have dared say anything while Steve was still around to tell them to **** off.

You have a point, though.
  • Reply 48 of 55
    moreckmoreck Posts: 187member
    I'm surprised, given BB's historic apathy toward Apple. Then again, when it comes to big retail electronic stores, it's pretty much just them and Fry's left here in the U.S, and Fry's isn't ubiquitous enough.
  • Reply 49 of 55
    slurpyslurpy Posts: 5,384member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by AtlApple View Post

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/people-clearly-worried-apples-golden-170703021.html

Apple is the iPhone. Unless they can come up with another product that can generate revenue like the iPhone then the iPhone is going to be the only product that matters. When it misses then the stock is going to drop. Period. 

Sorry, what the **** did the iPhone "miss"? It completely smashed the last Q3, by almost 40%, and is the best selling phone on the planet, with a replacement to be released soon. It beat Apple's guidance, and generated record profit and revenue. So again, where was the "miss", apart from predictions a couple analysts pulled out of their asses, which is worth less than dirty toilet paper?

• Reply 50 of 55
    slurpyslurpy Posts: 5,384member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Rogifan View Post

People elected Barak Obama and Donald Trump is leading in polls right now. Yes people are stupid.

Yes, it's too bad most Americans hold no candle to your obvious genius, because the alternatives (McCain, Palin, Romney) were just incredible candidates, right? Who would an incredibly clever like yourself have elected?

Oh, and Donald Trump is leading in Republican/Conservative polling, which is not shocking, looking at that demographic. He appeals to the worst of human nature, and the worst of bigotry, ignorance, hate, and racism. He's a laughing stock outside that group, and to sane people.  Please be specific next time, and don't insult the rest of the country by pretending they hold the same ridiculous opinions. 

• Reply 51 of 55
    jungmarkjungmark Posts: 6,926member
    atlapple wrote: »

The Apple Watch was suppose to set the fashion industry on fire, Swiss watch makers were suppose to be shaking right now, it was going to be a marvel of technology. Non of that has happened, at least not so far. 

The media and analysts matter, like them or not. 

Apple didn't miss its targets. Analysts need to explain why they missed and guessed wrong. Don't blame Apple for their misses.

Who said watch makers should be shaking in their boots only 3 months after the apple watch released? If you believed them I have a bridge to sell you.
  • Reply 52 of 55
    mechanicmechanic Posts: 805member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Rogifan View Post

Supposedly coming this fall.

Quote:

Originally Posted by anantksundaram View Post

I thought Best Buy was part of the CurrentC consortium?

They are but Cook announced it at the april quarterly earnings conference call that Best Buy would be rolling out apple pay this fall.

• Reply 53 of 55
    Quote:

Originally Posted by PScooter63 View Post

Man, I'd forgotten about some elements of that climate.  Handspring... Compaq... CompUSA... Gateway Country...  nice trip down schadenfreude-memory lane!

Sony had a store across the street from the Apple Store a few years ago. It's been gone for a while now. Sony doesn't even make its own computers now. Or phones.

• Reply 54 of 55
    chadmaticchadmatic Posts: 285member
    john.b wrote: »

Disclosure: I'm an "ElitePlus" member.

Does that mean that you have to wait in line until all of the Elite Plus Platinum Premier Ultra members have completed their transactions ahead of you?