iOS 9 tips: Manually enable Low Power Mode to maximize your iPhone's battery life

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 31
    mike1mike1 Posts: 3,284member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by TheWhiteFalcon View Post

If you're running the 9 beta and want to see something funny, ask Siri to enable Low Power Mode.

Works on the release version just fine.

• Reply 22 of 31
    mike1 wrote: »

Yeah, if you looked, that comment was from July. ;)

LPM is still buggy for me, battery life drops in spurts with it and other issues seem to show up, so I don't use it.
  • Reply 23 of 31
    Quote:

Originally Posted by TheWhiteFalcon View Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by mike1 View Post

Yeah, if you looked, that comment was from July. image

LPM is still buggy for me, battery life drops in spurts with it and other issues seem to show up, so I don't use it.

WTF... this is a rethread... I mean retread thread?

No wonder people kept referring to "beta."

• Reply 24 of 31
    Quote:

Originally Posted by anantksundaram View Post

WTF... this is a rethread... I mean retread thread?

No wonder people kept referring to "beta."

Yeah, a lot of iOS 9 posts are dredged up from summer and I find it really confusing before I pay attention to post dates.

• Reply 25 of 31
    Ugh... Low power mode doesn't exist on the iPod touch. Even on the new 6th generation. ????
  • Reply 26 of 31
    apple head wrote: »
    Ugh... Low power mode doesn't exist on the iPod touch. Even on the new 6th generation. ????

I am under the impression the power savings comes from the cellular HW, which is notably absent from the iPod.
  • Reply 27 of 31
    sphericspheric Posts: 2,560member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by SolipsismY View Post

I am under the impression the power savings comes from the cellular HW, which is notably absent from the iPod.

Yep. Things like turning off "Push" for mail and reducing cellular connection traffic are much less relevant for a wifi-only device.

• Reply 28 of 31
    Quote:

Originally Posted by spheric View Post

Yep. Things like turning off "Push" for mail and reducing cellular connection traffic are much less relevant for a wifi-only device.

@ Spheric, so you mean it's better with the low power mood on? sorry, am quite new here and not quite sure if i get the idea's right... Beside, i did turn it on the day before under cellular connection, not great experience. So i thought the phone likes more power on, i am with the 4s though. Thanks for your help and time. :)

• Reply 29 of 31
    spheric wrote: »

My statement, as I meant it, was axiomatically incorrect. My assumption was that the actual cellular HW and radios were actually using less power, perhaps by dropping from LTE to 3G, or something. Upon further reason, taxing the cellular HW less is where a significant power savings can be had, but I, sadly, didn't mean it in the correct way.

wewe wrote: »
    @ Spheric, so you mean it's better with the low power mood on? sorry, am quite new here and not quite sure if i get the idea's right... Beside, i did turn it on the day before under cellular connection, not great experience. So i thought the phone likes more power on, i am with the 4s though. Thanks for your help and time. :)

Lots of good info about the various options…
  • Reply 30 of 31

I'll be interested to see reports of how usable the iPhone is if you enable low power mode and leave it on all the time.  Assuming it doesn't have a major impact on what I do with the phone, I'd probably do just that.

• Reply 31 of 31
    shamino wrote: »
    I'll be interested to see reports of how usable the iPhone is if you enable low power mode and leave it on all the time.  Assuming it doesn't have a major impact on what I do with the phone, I'd probably do just that.

I think iOS will auto-disable LPM at certain times. I'm pretty certain t's disabled after a restart, but I wonder if it's also disabled after it charges back up to full, or even once it's on the charger and past a certain percentage, like 20%.