New iMac with 4K display hinted at once again in latest El Capitan beta

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 26

I've got the maxed out Fusion Drive version 5K iMac and I haven't even begun to give it a hard time! I'm planning to buy FCP X soon and then have some real fun with it.

• Reply 22 of 26
    mr omr o Posts: 1,046member

Does this mean you get more work estate on the 21.5 inch iMac?

It'd be great if the iMac comes with (1) a Butterfly Keyboard and (2) Force Touch Magic Trackpad. 

• Reply 23 of 26
    Give me a non-mobile dedicated video card option -- yeah, I know -- and I'll be looking at these again. So frustrating not to have that middle ground Mac.
  • Reply 24 of 26
    Quote:

Originally Posted by mr O View Post

Does this mean you get more work estate on the 21.5 inch iMac?

It'd be great if the iMac comes with (1) a Butterfly Keyboard and (2) Force Touch Magic Trackpad. 

I'm waiting for the Force Touch Magic Trackpad. My trackpad has a lovely cracked pattern after it fell off the table. It still works though.

• Reply 25 of 26
    ksecksec Posts: 1,569member
    With the rumor of a low power mobile Xeon, I wonder if Apple will fit those in iMac.
  • Reply 26 of 26
    wizard69wizard69 Posts: 13,377member
    ksec wrote: »
    With the rumor of a low power mobile Xeon, I wonder if Apple will fit those in iMac.

Interesting question, currently the iMac uses desktop processors. Or it did have, the iMac is my least favorite Mac so I don't follow it much.

If this processor actually exists and comes in a six core variant, I could see Apple going that route for the 27" model. It would have to be a model that doesn't require a GPU. I assuming here that the XEON would be GPU free, which isn't even a given anymore.