Chicago Apple Store to host Q&A with fitness chief Jay Blahnik, hold 5K fun run

Posted:
in General Discussion edited August 2015
On Wednesday, Apple's director of Fitness and Health Technologies Jay Blahnik, who played a role in realizing Apple Watch, will be at the North Michigan Avenue Apple Store in Chicago to take part in a special question and answer session, to be followed by a 5K fun run.

According to Apple's retail webpage, Blahnik is scheduled to join Equinox trainers at the Chicago Apple Store from 6 p.m. to 7 p.m. local time. Together, the fitness gurus will field questions and offer "essential tips for staying healthy and active." Apple Watch will undoubtedly be touted as vital tool to help reach those goals.

Following the Q&A, those in attendance will be able to take part in a 5K fun run open to all levels. Apple requests people bring only what they need to the talk if they also plan on taking part in the run.

The Chicago event appears to be a stateside version of Blahnik's international Apple Store tour in June. During a series of talks across the Asia-Pacific region, Blahnik spoke with journalists and media personalities about Apple Watch and its health and fitness tracking technology.

It is widely thought that Blahnik, who consulted on Nike's FuelBand and Nike+ Running products, was hired by Apple in 2013 to help develop a fitness-minded wearable device. After Apple Watch was revealed last year, Blahnik figured prominently in the ensuing media blitz. He ran point in a special ABC Nightline segment about Apple's secret Watch labs in March, for example.

Those interested can reserve a spot for tomorrow's Q&A through Apple's website.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    nagrommenagromme Posts: 2,834member
    I don't get Apple. In certain products they throw away all standard legacy ports. And then they turn around and offer Jay Blahnik with an obvious HDMI port for a mouth.
  • Reply 2 of 4

Please ask him to put a GPS in version 2 of Apple Watch.

• Reply 3 of 4
    nolamacguynolamacguy Posts: 4,758member
    tigercraig wrote: »
    Please ask him to put a GPS in version 2 of Apple Watch.

they thought of it long before you. it's likely not there now because devices with gps use a lot of battery and are thus bulky. after calibrating the AW with your phone's gps it's been proven to be very accurate, which makes for a reasonable trade off considering the device's excellent form factor.

hadn't been a big deal and adding it won't make me a better casual runner.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    peteopeteo Posts: 402member
    Is any one going to this. I want some one to ask about the apple watch activity app and resting calories. Allot people's total resting calories for the day is way off (mines over 1000 calories off) I would like to know how they are calculating this and if there are any planned fixes