Spotify moving towards Premium-only music content amid label pressure, sources say

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 23
    maestro64maestro64 Posts: 5,043member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by foggyhill View Post

In Radio, you can't get the exact song you want, in the order you want, when you want it.  Basically, ads in streaming are supposed to pay for all the money the artists would lose by people not buying their stuff, they don't; especially for the 5% of artists that generate millions of sales like Taylor swift.  She'd lose milions by letting all her stuff go to ad paid on demand streaming.

You're too literal, I know the difference between radio and streaming services. My point in when you listen to music from the radio or streaming you are not paying for it. The record lables still get paid, it just comes from a ads revenue.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by EricTheHalfBee View Post

Um, are you absolutely sure that radio stations pay artists? Because they are lobbying right now against legislation that would actually force them to pay per play.

Yes Radio station have to keep a list of all music they play and they pay Record lables a fee based on the total play time. Does this make it way back to artists you guest is as good as mine.

• Reply 22 of 23
    aaronjaaronj Posts: 1,595member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by qvak View Post

Are those golden dildos jutting out of her dress? Absolutely degenerate.

Believe me: That says more about you than her. :)

And Tay-Tay is a nice girl.  A super-duper rich nice girl.  But a nice girl.  :)