iTunes 12.2.2 makes enhancements to Apple Music, Connect, Beats 1

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited August 2015
In tandem with iOS 8.4.1 and OS X 10.10.5, Apple on Thursday also released iTunes 12.2.2, making some minor improvements to Apple Music, Connect, and Beats 1, while simultaneously solving problems with browsing local libraries.

Users can now see a list of the artists they're following on Apple Music by clicking on their account menu, and a bug has been fixed which caused the app to lose its place when going back a page in Apple Music content.

Under the Radio tab, clicking on the Beats 1 banner will quickly open up a complete schedule for the station including which show is on the air.

Separately, registered musicians using Connect can now post directly from iTunes, simplifying their blog entries.

When looking at a local library iTunes should now properly sort artists, and right-click action menus have been fixed to accurately reflect all playlists.

The Mac version of iTunes 12.2.2 is available through the Updates tab at the Mac App Store. Windows users can turn to Apple Software Update, the "Check for Updates" command in the Help menu, or the Apple website.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member

Works a bit better now.

• Reply 2 of 7
    Is not installing correctly on my MacBook 6,1 w/ El Capitan Public Beta 4 (15a243b). Downloads and says Installing. Stops short then says Installed. Immediately asks to Install and starts to download all over again. Meanwhile, I've got several instances, so Software Update says, of successful installs of iTunes 12.2.2
  • Reply 3 of 7
    quinneyquinney Posts: 2,528member
    pastor_mac wrote: »
    Is not installing correctly on my MacBook 6,1 w/ El Capitan Public Beta 4 (15a243b). Downloads and says Installing. Stops short then says Installed. Immediately asks to Install and starts to download all over again. Meanwhile, I've got several instances, so Software Update says, of successful installs of iTunes 12.2.2

Thou shalt not bitch when a beta has problems.
  • Reply 4 of 7
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by quinney View Post

Thou shalt not bitch when a beta has problems.

Clever, given that you were replying to a pastor!

• Reply 5 of 7

Ugh. In Artists view the "custom color" feature now applies to the background of the artist's albums on the right. They generate a color based on a single album, which is guaranteed to clash with at least one other album from that artist. It looks horrible. You can disable custom colors altogether, but that takes out the colored backgrounds used in Albums view.

What a great update. Lose a good existing feature or be saddled with a bad new feature.

• Reply 6 of 7
    I recently signed up for iTunes Match and had problems getting half my music to play on iPhone 5S and Apple Care said this itunes update should fix that. I have updated my Mac to Yosemite 10.10.5 and itunes 12.2.2 - and the results are terrible!! Before the update to iTunes, I had about 20 tracks Mis-categorised as Apple Music, which in reality had been uploaded from CD. Now there are suddenly THOUSANDS of tracks Mis-labelled as Apple Music!! Of course, this does mean that my iPhone 5S with iOS 8.4.1 no longer throws up "This item cannot be downloaded" - but only because I am still within the 3 month free trial period. But once that period is up, I assume they will no longer play.
    What a shambles! I do hope Apple will fix this problem some time soon?
    Regards
    Harry