Apple refutes Apple Music survey, says 79% of trial customers still using service

124»

Comments

• Reply 61 of 65

Apple products are not just desirable, they are highly desirable. However, the Music offering and the Apple watch are two products in a row I have no intention whatsoever of acquiring and I am Apple through and through.

I think even the Apple figures vindicate how I feel about the Music offering. 11 m out of all the Apple IDs in the world and Apple are giving it to you free for a trial period that lasts as long as the general warranty on all their other products !!! So that leaves 8.5 m still using it and only 4.2M will continue to subscribe. On a new product release, Apple normally sell more than that in the first weekend. Someone has got it horribly wrong. 

For me Apple have just band wagoned because someone thinks the company is missing out on a lucrative market but have missed the point totally and Joe Public has seen right through it. Apple isn't about replicating what everybody else does and improving it, they are about revolutionising the market. The iPod was fantastic because it put a Walkman style device into everyones pocket without all the clutter and an easy way to use and manage it. The piddly file size was a compromise of cost against ease of use.

It would appear, (according to Apple) I am in a minority, but there is a whole world of people out there who haven't listened to music as artists want us to and how it used to be. We haven't gone forward, we have gone backward. It is a bit like starting with UHD TV and going back to standard def. It can't be such big leap for Apple to offer alternatives to the bog standard ¼ or less CD quality. Yes, maybe iTunes needed a revamp. But this wasn't it in my eyes.  Storage cost is no longer a factor.

If they had given me the ability to play my high res music on either on my home stereo or on my iPhone as I so desire my ears might prick up to the Music service, but I don't want to subscribe thank you. I am considering dumping my iPhone in favour of a dedicated player and using my work Blackberry as a phone. Yes....a Blackberry ! That is how big a monumental failure Music is. Think on that figure of 4.2M users. 

• Reply 62 of 65

Yes but there is an audience out there who are Apple subscribers. Not sure your analogy quite fits. If people are in your booth looking at the product and you offer it free for 3 months and they walk out without taking it up. Wouldn't you have a concern ?

• Reply 63 of 65
    turkishted wrote: »

Yes but there is an audience out there who are Apple subscribers. Not sure your analogy quite fits. If people are in your booth looking at the product and you offer it free for 3 months and they walk out without taking it up. Wouldn't you have a concern ?

No. There is always a percentage that takes all as long as it's for free. And if there is a significant percentage of "defectors" it teils you that your current offer s*cks, so you learn that you need to improve tour offer. As SJ said let the customers be the judge.
  • Reply 64 of 65
    Of course it is.

That's exactly consistent with what I am saying, so it's not clear to me why you're disagreeing.

Sorry, I got you wrong, then.

It's like with any information: people tend to extrapolate and interprete information beyond what it's saying (apart from being less critical on the quality of information that is in line with their own opinions). They interestingly do this even more when information is not given where they personally expect it.
    That's why Apple must exert some responsibility with this behavior. Unfortunately.