2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 29
    idreyidrey Posts: 647member
    It also works in Spanish. Cool
  • Reply 22 of 29
    jupiteronejupiterone Posts: 1,564member
    nagromme wrote: »
    I'm American and I spell wavy "wavy." So does Apple spellcheck.
    But Siri's response uses "wavey". I think that's what he meant by non-Amierican spelling.
  • Reply 23 of 29
    Not to be too snarky, but the author of this article needs to look up (or ask Siri!) the definition of "erstwhile". It doesn't mean what you think it means.
  • Reply 24 of 29
    knowitallknowitall Posts: 1,648member
    A sense of humor and actual AI engine are not mutually exclusive. You premise is a false dichotomy. Try again.

Ha ha, your sense of humor I suppose?
  • Reply 25 of 29
    knowitallknowitall Posts: 1,648member
    mstone wrote: »

You'll have to admit that it is sort of a trick question to begin with which deserves a sarcastic response....unless, it is not a trick question because there is a specific location or real business nearby that has the word 'Hint' in it, which is the case here in SoCal where we get useful information and directions to said businesses. I think that qualifies as intelligence.

It doesn't, just canned responses triggered in a more or less random way.
    For example, I tried 'play music'.
    Siri responded with 'I cannot find a song called music in music'
    Wow, that qualifies as utterly stupid.
    Somewhat later I tried it again, this time the response was 'I am sorry but you don't seem to have a data connection right now'
    I rest my case, Siri is utterly useless.
  • Reply 26 of 29
    Quote:

Originally Posted by jfc1138 View Post

Follow on of the decades long tradition in tech of "Easter Eggs".

Anyone ever see the inside of an original Mac casing?

How about the nonstandard size icon that buried in the ROM that displayed "Stolen from Apple", or the simple slide show of the team that worked on the Iici I think when the first Macs arrived that used the 256 ROMs -- there was so much extra space in those ROMs the engr's new they had to due something with it. There was also a crashing car sound that gotten more than a few complaints (was loud and quite convincing) -- you could hear it play by typing g addr in Macsbug to TMON or put in a SIMM that was screwed or not seated well.

Apple had a bunch of folx putting fun stuff in just for the h*ll of it.

M$ had a mini version of Halo embedded Excel, there was a word processor that was cool but never quite made it (can't recall the company now) that would translate english text to pig-latin and vice versa.

• Reply 27 of 29
    iOS 9 has a slightly redesigned Siri interface that has a colorful wavy undulating pattern at the bottom of the screen when you give input to Siri.
  • Reply 28 of 29
    chris_cachris_ca Posts: 2,543member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by AppleInsider View Post

Siri knows about Apple's event on Sept. 9

Fixed that for you.

• Reply 29 of 29
    jfc1138jfc1138 Posts: 3,090member
    iOS 9 has a slightly redesigned Siri interface that has a colorful wavy undulating pattern at the bottom of the screen when you give input to Siri.
    That's already the case on the Watch.