Amazon Prime Video adds offline viewing in iOS update

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 30
    john.bjohn.b Posts: 2,742member

The problem with Amazon Prime is finding something worth watching...

Quote:

Originally Posted by PotatoLeekSoup View Post

I guess their app won't allow streaming to an AppleTV.

Quote:

Originally Posted by CustomTB View Post

Now we need it on appletv so I can ditch the roku

I think that's 100% on Apple.

• Reply 22 of 30
    This is a great feature. I hope NetFlix follow suit.
    I would use this on the daily train commute but I'm not subscribing to Amazon as long as they make Android devices.
  • Reply 23 of 30
    Quote:

Originally Posted by PotatoLeekSoup View Post

I guess their app won't allow streaming to an AppleTV. 

Is this really true? Or is it the other way around -- Apple will not allow Amazon to be AirPlayed or streamed to an AppleTV?

• Reply 24 of 30
    rwesrwes Posts: 200member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by anantksundaram View Post

Is this really true? Or is it the other way around -- Apple will not allow Amazon to be AirPlayed or streamed to an AppleTV?

I think anyone (developer) can implement AirPlay 'streaming' of audio, or video if they want via their iOS app (or via a website). Now Amazon not being a 'native' app on the current crop of Apple TV's is a different story though.

• Reply 25 of 30
    pmz wrote: »
    Realistically, when is this useful? I don't want to deal with downloading content. Its 2015, and streaming is king.

Getting on airplane? Ok fine. But WiFi is becoming more popular on airlines, and eventually will be everywhere. Truthfully, this isn't the stand-out feature it would have been in 2010.

why would I want to pay the outrageous airborne wifi fees?
  • Reply 26 of 30

no, it's not true. dunno why anyone is talking about that.
  • Reply 27 of 30

This is going to be huge for parents.  Prime has some decent kids shows, pretty much all that Netflix has.  Will make long car trips and airplane trips better.

As for the question of why not use free wifi at airports, because the speeds are terrible and security is too.  Most airlines don't offer free wifi on domestic service. 

• Reply 28 of 30
    Great, now how about Apple TV support!?!?
  • Reply 29 of 30
    trumptmantrumptman Posts: 16,464member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by libertyforall View Post

Great, now how about Apple TV support!?!?

I don't think Amazon controls that. They've made their service available on iOS already so if there were a way to put in on AppleTV short of Apple needing to include it in a software update, then I'm sure they would have done so.