Apple Music team working on fixes, improvements through end of 2015, says iTunes VP

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 29

Affinity from Serif; both Photos and Designer are great on first releases. As for iTunes Match; it has always worked fine for me, as well as iTunes Music so far. the only issues are the new interface, and the tuning down from my 320 to 256. Yes, on my older rock albums, I can hear the difference. I have used Sennheiser Studios for years, and always try to keep any equalization or enhancements off

• Reply 22 of 29
    lkrupp wrote: »
    macvicta wrote: »
    Wasn't ready for primetime.

Care to list something by any vendor that was?

I really could care less about other 'vendors.' This is Apple, easily the most well-resourced and talented tech company in the world. If something is not ready for prime time, or needs more 'homework,' don't release it. Do it right, or don't do it.

Quite apart from all that, this level of mediocrity for a fairly uninteresting, well-trod content product like music streaming? Arguably, one that Apple should not even be bothering with. But given that they've chosen to be in the space, it's quite embarrassing that they can't get it right.

I think it's well past time for some Maps-style house cleaning. Start with this apologist.
  • Reply 23 of 29

This is why 'services' should be slowly, and incrementally, rolled out. Just like operating systems. Rather than be "LAUNCHED" (and in 110 markets all at once) like a piece of hardware would.

• Reply 24 of 29
    International VP of iTunes Thursday acknowledged the disaster that iTunes had become, helmed by certain music personalities who were not named.

Deleting of local libraries, access of local libraries, reinstatement of automatically replaced, unrecoverable music and mislabelling may, or may not be, elements of back-peddling efforts.

Unfortunately, there is no way to be certain if Apple will reinstate Job's elegant, functional and user-centric version of the Music app, which grew out of the phenominally successful iTunes and iPod combination, and which were key to the existence and stunning rise of the company.

Dedicated fans and other interested parties await with baited breath for Apple to right this huge error that is the current industry-first, owner/consumer-last disaster that is Apple Music.
  • Reply 25 of 29
    jumejume Posts: 209member
    There is a lot to bi fixed and please bring in the "liked" playlist. It's impossible to find the tunes that I liked. Plus there's tons of other stuff that needs to bi fixed.
  • Reply 26 of 29
    bat cat wrote: »
    I'm with Ikrupp, it matters more how a company responds to the issues and failures than the initial offering. Apple's relentless - albeit sometimes slow - drive to improve has already left countless competitors by the wayside. Take their approach to retaining software compatibility for older hardware - android users languish with vulnerable legacy systems while my 4s is running iOS 8. Music is not perfect by any stretch, but the patient application of effort and thought will make it the standard that all others aspire to.

Nope. You never get a second chance to make a first impression. If the first impression is you got a turd it will be very, very hrs to convince you it is not.
    And there are numerous examples to demonstrate this. Remember Fisker, eg?
    If the AppleWatch would have been a "ahm, ok. It's... I'm not so sure"-product instead of a "wow! Cool! Look at this!"-type of thing, there would be no AppleWatxh gen 2.
  • Reply 27 of 29
    ksecksec Posts: 1,569member
    well, iTunes as a software still sucks. I hope they fix that too.
  • Reply 28 of 29
    Yes, ipod wasnt perfect on day one, nor was iphone. It evolved, but the difference is, when Apple introduced those products they were instantly better than the poor alternatives already available. Apple didnt invent music players or smart phones, but it arguably perfected them enough to serve the mainstream and create enormous demand.

On the other hand, music streaming is old hat and Apple is years behind and playing catchup. They will be great by next year, no doubt, but in fact adoption rates for Spotify and others will make it hard for Apple to now expect to win by default; it must capture converts. Not impossible, but a lot harder. I started with pandora and still use it at times. I tried spotify. Didnt like it. Eventually settled on Rdio, which is an excellent service but was just missing something...I took,advantage of Google's free upload option a few years back and eventually tried their on-demand and found everything I wanted. So, it is basically too late, for the most part, for Apple to expect me to jump on board with AM, until at least i grow dissatisfied with what i am already happy with. I am certain that i am not the only one. They may eventually win me back, but it won't be today or tomorrow, short of some incredible breakthrough or inducement.