Apple switches on revamped iCloud subscription options, pushes 500GB users to 1TB

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 44
    jfc1138jfc1138 Posts: 3,090member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by lostkiwi View Post

The upload speed of all of my photos is rubbish though.  It is going to take weeks at this rate.  Does anyone else have this problem?

My upload speed for other applications is pretty good usually.

:embarrass

Yeah but how many hundreds of GB are you trying to transport? For my photos it was over 300GB and, yes, that took longer (5 days, FIOS) that shoving a 7MB Word memo up....

• Reply 42 of 44
    We don't have Fios here but I don't have as many photos as you. Only 30gig or so.

I shall have to be patient.

Off topic but I discovered a little too to share with everyone: Apple News is only available in 3 countries to start with, however if you set your iPhone region to United States it works great.
    Easy fix until it heads overseas.
  • Reply 43 of 44
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,728member
    All this is good BUT ... why does Photos waste space by having to re upload images I share? This is also limited to 1000 images per hour and this for images I already have on the cloud! iTines Match can created links to songs already on the cloud to create my virtual library for other devices in minutes and I have a 75 GB library. If the photos are already on the cloud why the heck isn't sharing simply done with symbolic links?