Apple rebranded existing Android app for 'Move to iOS' migration tool, report says

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 34

I've been lurking here for years but this is the first thing I've read here that has compelled me to sign up so I could comment.

Reading those reviews is like stepping into bizarroworld. The comments about how Apple wouldn't let a similar app in their store when there is, written by the same people that Apple licensed this app from no less. Thinking that installing this app just to berate it caused problems with their phone?

I think their Android Freedom is more than they can handle and they just break things on their own and blame the last thing they installed.

• Reply 22 of 34
    solipsismy wrote: »
    It's interesting that the original app has a 4 star rating on Google Play, but when you put Apple's name is on it the reviews are considerably worse. It's almost as if Android users are being irrational, rash, and emotional.

At least one person gave Media Mushroom a heads up about Apple's nefarious actions: Josh Thrasher — "So apple stole your stuff The new Apple "move to ios" app kanged your app and even left the original package name in the manifest... Just so you know." LOL
    Now we know Apple will allow this sort of app.

edit: Those comments! So much hate. So many lies. Very entertaining.

LOL. "Kanged."
  • Reply 23 of 34
    Gotta say, the 16,000+ 1-star reviews on the Play Store are funny as hell, but there's a whole lot of Google employees (~55,000 total) that haven't joined in yet.... I wonder why? :p

They are busy posting FUD in Apple forums. :p
  • Reply 24 of 34
    cali wrote: »
    I heard the 5 star reviewers are kicking the fandroid's a**es!!

Wish I could read the reviews. There was an article that posted some. It was good.

Link?
  • Reply 25 of 34
    gatorguygatorguy Posts: 24,213member
    jungmark wrote: »
    The cult of Android delusionalism is alive and well.

Why bother downloading an app if your only purpose is to write a factless negative review. Purely pathetic.

I guess it's similar to hate watching tv shows.
    It is, but folks do it all the time. Sad you can't trust user reviews.
    http://lifehacker.com/why-you-shouldnt-trust-app-store-reviews-and-what-to-1515379780
    http://techcrunch.com/2014/05/27/fake-app-reviews-are-more-common-on-itunes-but-google-play-has-the-worst-offenders/
  • Reply 26 of 34
    Quote:

Originally Posted by DewMe View Post

...Some better names for the app may have been:

Relieve Your Pain

Ultimate Android Fix

Adios Android

BAndroid...?

• Reply 27 of 34

Where is my popcorn?

Watching both sides froth at the mouth over this is simply hilarious. It's almost as if everyone online is 10 years old and my dad can beat up your dad. Truly the internet at its finest. 

Time to just sit back and enjoy the show.

• Reply 28 of 34
    froodfrood Posts: 771member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by AppleInsider View Post

An inspection of code in Apple's "Move to iOS" migration tool for Android users, its first app for Google's mobile operating system, reveals the title might be a simple rebranding of software already on offer in the Google Play Store.

Apple most likely purchased usage rights from Media Mushroom, 

That's a pretty significant "most likely"

• Reply 30 of 34
    cali wrote: »

LOL. It's baaaaaad. Way worse than The Usual Suspects here. As it's rabid, fanatical, and downright stupid. A bunch of them are convinced Apple is out to take away their freedom and charge them too much money. Of course the Move to iOS App won't do that, but it's just Fandroids memes about Apple's walled garden, and premium price.
  • Reply 31 of 34
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Suddenly Newton View Post

LOL. It's baaaaaad. Way worse than The Usual Suspects here. As it's rabid, fanatical, and downright stupid. A bunch of them are convinced Apple is out to take away their freedom and charge them too much money. Of course the Move to iOS App won't do that, but it's just Fandroids memes about Apple's walled garden, and premium price.

Removing freedom, by offering choice? Yes, only in America ;-).

Maybe they think it's like blue pill vs red pill, except from what I see,

"reality"/Android land sucks so damn much that who wouldn't pick the red pill :-), I'm all for the Matrix, bring it on...

• Reply 32 of 34
    Quote:

Originally Posted by noelos View Post

Glass of Ice Water

They could call it "Join the Matrix reality sux" ... Or "Take the red pill"

Suffering when you use your phone shouldn't be part of the equation ;-).

• Reply 33 of 34
    Quote:

Originally Posted by foggyhill View Post

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Suddenly Newton View Post

Removing freedom, by offering choice? Yes, only in America ;-).

Maybe they think it's like blue pill vs red pill, except from what I see,

"reality"/Android land sucks so damn much that who wouldn't pick the red pill :-), I'm all for the Matrix, bring it on...

Quote:
    Originally Posted by foggyhill View Post

There's a lot more trolling than constructive criticism in tech groups these days. And trolling about Apple in particular (or anything popular/known) seems to be a way for some people to get their jollies. Psychologists have studied the profile of the typical troll and it aint pretty.

There is a very typical profile that enables quasi instant Identification. Claiming to own for a "long time" everything of the brand your now putting down, that it was better before when X was there, that everyone who buys this is an idiot or in a cult and the troll is the only sane person that can put us in the right track.

Then this pseudo past brand/party affiliate in a fit of self-hate denigrates violently what he supposedly once loved in the most condescending way possible.

I must admit for someone who previously seemed so against trolling you certainly like to take your pot shots.

You led me to believe you were above it all.

• Reply 34 of 34

IMO, Only an app to share data between different devices just like dropbox.