Vogue snaps 12MP images, 4K video at New York Fashion Week using Apple's new iPhone 6S Plus

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 29
    Quote:

Originally Posted by matrix07 View Post

Huh? What I just said is that people had mounted something more weighty than iPhone for many years. They'll have no problem mounting iPhone at all.

The GoPro's existence and popularity revolve entirely around its combination of good quality video in a tiny, light, waterproof and shockproof housing. That's the selling point. If you don't need small, light, and waterproof, then you don't need a GoPro.

• Reply 22 of 29
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

Problem #1: Never quote Reddit as the source of news.

Well in this case they had the accurate story (and the update) long before any of the mainstream media or tech blogs, AppleInsider included.

I'll stick with Reddit, thanks.

• Reply 23 of 29

• Reply 24 of 29
    Quote:

Today, nobody will go up the Everest to shoot documentary without GoPros. In the next couple of years, what do you think they will carry, A set of GoPro or a set of cheap iPhone 6?

People will regularly wear a GoPro because it's a small, light, waterproof, and rugged POV video camera . Would you walk around with a two and a half pound iPhone strapped to your head in a waterproof case, or would you rather use a three ounce GoPro instead?

Avalanche in Everest Basecamp

caught on GoPro

If GoPro does poorly or goes out of business it will be due to unrealistic expectations from investors and/or competition for other POV cameras, not because of the iPhone. Their biggest weakness is their awkward and difficult to use interface. When someone comes up with a small POV cam that's easier to use, GoPro will be toast.

• Reply 25 of 29
    freediverx wrote: »
    News Fail.

Unfortunately, DED seems to have missed the bigger story that the photographer (intentionally or otherwise) actually took these photos with last year's iPhone 6 Plus, rather than with the new iPhone 6S Plus. Come on, Daniel, you're supposed to be one of the few tech journalists who pays attention to the details...

http://resourcemagonline.com/2015/09/did-vogue-lie-about-using-an-iphone-6s-in-those-fashion-week-photos/58577/vogue-fashion-week-iphone-6s-exif-data/

https://www.reddit.com/r/apple/comments/3ljoao/vogue_lies_about_using_the_iphone_6s_in_a_fashion/

if anything, this story illustrates the gullibility of people fawning over sample photos from a new smartphone without demanding comparison photos from the previous model or from competing smartphones taken under identical conditions.

The only gullibility I see is yours. It turns out the wrong photos were posted, probably by the editor, and that the 6s photos are now available, as an update to your linked article above indicates. A simple mistake that has been corrected.
  • Reply 26 of 29
    freediverx wrote: »

It's great that they fessed up to their mistake and posted an actual comparison photo. But the photos referenced in the AI article are still the ones shot with the old iPhone. Nowhere in my post did I suggest any sort of conspiracy. I was calling out lazy journalism and gullible consumers. 

Also it would be nice if they had posted the original comparison photos instead of two heavily cropped images stripped of their EXIF data.

Give it a rest. The article was accurate, just the wrong photos were posted. It has been corrected. No story here.
  • Reply 27 of 29
    aaronjaaronj Posts: 1,595member

Those are some really gorgeous photos.  

• Reply 28 of 29
    Quote:

There many shock-resistant cases for iPhone. Many apps for photography. Many add-on lens. Many kinds of accessories for photography and cinematography. Tripods. Grips. All kinds. There're even professional movie making apps to shoot feature films.

How is GoPro not scared?

If anything, it's YOU who do not understand iPhone camera capability.

Omg, yes, the phone can be put into some of the same situations as a camera. Brilliant investigative work there.

When a USAC road racer wants to put a camera on his bike to record a rainy criterium, he/she is not going to go looking for a handlebar mount for an iPhone in a Lifeproof case. A GoPro will be installed, as it is the appropriate tool for the job, for many reasons.

• Reply 29 of 29
    aaronjaaronj Posts: 1,595member

But there's only one Vogue.