Pope visit might delay iPhone 6s preorder deliveries in NYC, Apple says

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 29
    jungmarkjungmark Posts: 6,926member
    retrogusto wrote: »

I think any iPhone qualifies as a Jesus Phone
    http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Jesus+Phone

but he will probably go with the 16gb model because he has unlimited storage in the cloud.

Seriously though, if he has any interest in keeping people from swearing and taking the Lord's name in vain, you'd think he would have picked a different day.

Well he's here for world meeting of families in philly and it would be strange if he didn't visit DC or NY. You know what they say, "when in Rome..."
    damonf wrote: »
    Is this just because so many streets will be blocked off that they cannot make deliveries to certain addresses?  Or because the packaging companies have been asked to stay away from the area, so that their delivery trucks (or trucks disguised as their delivery trucks) can't be used to transport explosives (i.e., terrorist attack)?  If the latter, I don't think we do that even for our own country's President when he's out and about.  Manhole covers along his travel route are sealed, mailboxes removed, but are the delivery companies told to stay away and not deliver to their customers?

Streets are blocked off. I think I heard 10 miles of NYC is blocked? Plus leaving packages on door stops is big security issue when a VIP is in town.

Philly has 25 miles closed but a part of that are a couple interstates.
  • Reply 22 of 29
    boredumbboredumb Posts: 1,418member
    (sorry, changed my mind - wish you could outright delete)

• Reply 23 of 29

The Pope is wack. Coming here, spreading his deranged left wing ideas and propaganda.

iPhones should take priority over any Pope, as iPhones are far more important and beneficial to people than any Pope or any other ridiculous religious figures that likes to dress up in stupid costumes.:smokey: 

2 thumbs down for the Pope! :no:

• Reply 24 of 29
    koopkoop Posts: 337member
    I came to this thread with popcorn in hand. so far not disappointed.
  • Reply 25 of 29
    crowleycrowley Posts: 10,453member
    evilution wrote: »
    Oi Mr Pope, who says your religion is more important than ours?
    I attend the house of Apple regularly, make sizeable donations and praise a deceased deity called Steve.
    Steve delivered on a second coming.
  • Reply 26 of 29

It is also the General Assembly of the UN.  That also caused disruptions in traffic in NYC every year, with streets blocked for the different Motorcades of the different Heads of State/Heads of Government from airports, hotels, embassies, other meetings, and the UN itself.

• Reply 27 of 29
    Originally Posted by Kendog52404 View Post

It is also the General Assembly of the UN.

A little worried about a false flag attack, myself. Pope plus UN plus NYC equals trouble.

• Reply 28 of 29
    crowleycrowley Posts: 10,453member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

A little worried about a false flag attack, myself. Pope plus UN plus NYC equals trouble.

Why "false flag attack", as opposed to "attack"?

• Reply 29 of 29
    sphericspheric Posts: 2,569member
    Conspiracy theory requirement.