Pebble Time Round smartwatch moves to circular, thin design with two-day battery life

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 44
    mazda 3s wrote: »
    See, that's the thing. I'm not trying to force my opinion on someone else, just explaining my reasoning. I even went so far as to say that I value all of your opinions with regards to design. Nor did I say that round is superior (don't know if you're directing that at me or not), just that if we're talking about taking a quick glance at an email subject line or the weather or the time, or a iMessage, that a round shape works just fine.

It's not matter of one being better than the other, it's as you say, a personal preference to what design suits a particular person. I just don't like it when a "certain" company makes a design decision and another company goes a different route, that's it's automatically considered inferior or disregarded off-hand ... that is until said company releases their own similar product ;)

Wearing a watch is part utility, part fashion. I consider my Apple Watch Sport to be mainly utility, but would like a round watch that had the utility + fashion aspect (in my eyes, a round design accelerates the fashion aspect).

For me the advantage of the square design is that I get to have the cool-looking round watch face of my choosing for simply telling the time in the middle, and the corners hold all my complications.

Details about weather, sports scores (now with OS2), battery life, upcoming calendar events, etc. all accessible directly from the watch screen via tapping the complication to open the app without having to play with some sort of app access screen or tool. All the most pertinent information for an individual's personal preferences can be made easily accessible and easy to read on a quick glance at the watch face.

That's just how I see it. I'm not going to pretend that a round face cannot be attractive, just I think what Apple has done with the the square form is blend looks and utility into one nice piece.

But hey, everyone has an opinion. I can tell you for sure that I am loving my ? Watch and consumers should choose whatever they like the best.
  • Reply 42 of 44
    mazda 3smazda 3s Posts: 1,613member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by FlashFan207 View Post

For me the advantage of the square design is that I get to have the cool-looking round watch face of my choosing for simply telling the time in the middle, and the corners hold all my complications.

Details about weather, sports scores (now with OS2), battery life, upcoming calendar events, etc. all accessible directly from the watch screen via tapping the complication to open the app without having to play with some sort of app access screen or tool. All the most pertinent information for an individual's personal preferences can be made easily accessible and easy to read on a quick glance at the watch face.

That's just how I see it. I'm not going to pretend that a round face cannot be attractive, just I think what Apple has done with the the square form is blend looks and utility into one nice piece.

But hey, everyone has an opinion. I can tell you for sure that I am loving my ? Watch and consumers should choose whatever they like the best.

And see, that's that type of opinion and response that I really value! We can all have differing viewpoints without resorting to taking a hardline stance on what basically comes down to a personal design preference.

I just think that sometimes we folks around here devolve into a negative, mud-slinging back and forth trying to beat each other over the head with our opinions. So it's nice to be able to have a civicl discussion once in a while :)

• Reply 43 of 44
    jbdragonjbdragon Posts: 2,311member

Forget for a minute the large ugly Bezel that's really is about screen size it's so large. The biggest issue is the 2 day battery life which really means you're now charging nightly!!! Who's really going to try charging every other night? Doing that you may forget or you run out of battery in the middle of the 2nd day. I mean come on, they went from 10 days down to 2 days. That's just ridiculous!!! 10 days life means charging up once a week, like something you get it a habit of doing every Sunday night, and if you happen to miss, then do it on Monday as it'll last a few more days yet.

That is the #1 reason to buy a Pebble Watch, long battery life, thanks to that e-ink screen.  This watch makes ZERO sense to me.  The topping of this disaster is that huge Ugly Bezel.    Who in their right mind with buy this thing?  Who in their right mind thought this is what people wanted?   Round would have been fine IF it still had 10 days of battery life.   Maybe if the screen was larger and the bezel was much thinner, then 2 day battery life is not as bad, but even then, should have made it a bit thicker to keep the long battery life.  There's just no excuse for this.