Verizon jumps on annual iPhone upgrade bandwagon with new trade-in offer

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 28
    applezilla wrote: »
    Time for someone to make a comparison chart of Apple and all the carrier's plans to reveal the best deals.

• Reply 22 of 28
    solipsismy wrote: »
    To be more clear, you don't have to give your iPhone up when the new one drops. You can still continue to pay for it on a monthly basis and use it. But if you do want the new iPhone under this upgrade program you do have to give the back.

I understood you to mean that, as opposed to you now being free to sell it. I had assumed that originally but was corrected (incorrectly) on a blog hence I asked. I think my wife and I will go for the new Apple plan and shop for the best deal from a provider and finally let go of our AT&T grandfathered in plan's limitless data. I suspect we are paying through the nose for that plan now.

I wonder what price Apple will sell the reconditioned returned phones for?

Depends on your data usage. I still have an unlimited data plan with Verizon, and none of their plans is a cheaper option for me.
  • Reply 23 of 28
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,727member
    dasanman69 wrote: »
    Depends on your data usage. I still have an unlimited data plan with Verizon, and none of their plans is a cheaper option for me.

How about other carriers?
  • Reply 24 of 28
    tzeshantzeshan Posts: 2,351member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by SolipsismY View Post

Sure, but if you're giving it up in a year's time it's not likely an issue for the nearly anyone since they are likely to stay with the carrier for a year, and since you're not under contract the device locking is no longer an issue, not to mention all the bands supported by the variable baseboards. I think the real decision for a Verizon customer comes down to whether they purchase AC+ or not. If you do, then Apple's solution will likely be better since that's included on a per month based prorated over 24 months, as I understand it, while with the Verizon option, you'd have to pay them $10 per month for their smartphone insurance, or pay the $130(?) for the AC+ out of pocket up front, which you won't get anything back on if you trade-up in 12 months.

The AC+ is an overcharge.  All new electronics devices are covered by a one year warranty on parts.  

• Reply 25 of 28
    tzeshan wrote: »

The AC+ is an overcharge.  All new electronics devices are covered by a one year warranty on parts.  

¿Que? One year warranties cover 2x replacements for any accidental breakage in that year for a modest replacement fee?
  • Reply 26 of 28
    tzeshantzeshan Posts: 2,351member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by SolipsismY View Post

¿Que? One year warranties cover 2x replacements for any accidental breakage in that year for a modest replacement fee?

But the chance for accidental breakage is low.  

• Reply 27 of 28
    tzeshan wrote: »
    But the chance for accidental breakage is low.  

And yet I used it twice this past year. There are also years I don't use it at all, but I'd say the average is once per year. So while you don't find a need for the benefits of AC+, why are you saying this isn't something anyone should find useful?
  • Reply 28 of 28
    dasanman69 wrote: »

How about other carriers?

I need that better coverage Verizon has. If the others can equal it I'll switch.