The best 3D Touch-enabled apps available for iPhone 6s and 6s Plus

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 29
    rogifanrogifan Posts: 10,669member
    People say there's a learning curve for 3D Touch but I don't agree. It took me like 5 seconds to figure it out. And you get audio/visual feedback for the apps that don't support it. The only thing that can be a bit tricky is using it to turn the keyboard into a trackpad to select text. But once I practiced this a bit I completely got the hang of it and instantly wanted it on my iPad. A tip I saw from Rene Ritchie: if it doesn't look like an app is supporting it and they're supposed to be you might have to open the app and close out of it first then try again. That's what I had to do with Instagram. Another tip: to move/delete icons just hold your finger over the icon for a few seconds but don't actually press down on the screen. The icon will start to jiggle and then you can move it or delete it. John Gruber appeared to be having issues with that in his review but once you remember not to press on the icon but just rest your finger there it works just fine every time.
  • Reply 22 of 29
    matrix07 wrote: »

I love when Topolsky talked about design, like how Material Design is so superior to iOS (No, it's not).
    You must love it when tech journalist talking about things they have no clue about. Looks how he dress himself, is there any design in that?

The two high profile people from The Verge (former employee Topolsky, current employee Nilay Patel) are both insufferable jackasses.
  • Reply 23 of 29
    Quote:

Originally Posted by ndirishfan1975 View Post

iMovie isn't $4.99 it is free with any new iOS device purchase which you would have to purchase a new device to have 3D Touch

One could buy a used iPhone 6s/6s Plus. iMovie would then not be at no charge, and one would be required to purchase it, if one were interested in using it.

• Reply 24 of 29
    pmzpmz Posts: 3,433member
    cali wrote: »
    A little off topic but

Why doesn't Apple mandate apps to support Apple features?

There's tons of health apps yet the Health app is pretty useless.

I would hate for an IPhone newcomer to expect all these exciting features only to find half their apps are incompatible.

I know it's early for 3D Touch but I'd like to see it in a much better situation in the future.

+1
    Apple needs to start removing Apps from the store that don't include enough Apple-created features.

The fact that there still apps all over my home screen that don't support 3-D touch is a failure on Apple's part to get involved.

The fact that Netflix doesn't have picture-in-picture support for iOS nine, which they've had all summer to work on, is a fucking embarrassment.
  • Reply 25 of 29
    solipsismy wrote: »
    fallenjt wrote: »
    but but ...it's just like Right Click per Fandroids, nothing special.

I'd like to Right Click those Fandroids. Followed by a Left Click, another Rick Click, and then an Upper Click.

Finish it off with a round house click. :lol:
  • Reply 26 of 29
    dcj001 wrote: »
    iMovie isn't $4.99 it is free with any new iOS device purchase which you would have to purchase a new device to have 3D Touch

One could buy a used iPhone 6s/6s Plus. iMovie would then not be at no charge, and one would be required to purchase it, if one were interested in using it.

A used 6s/6s plus from where? The phone is just now making its way to its first owners.
  • Reply 27 of 29
    I released a game the other day specifically built for 3D Touch. It serves as a great tech demo for the feature: http://apple.co/1LMvYdK
  • Reply 28 of 29

That's nice. Will definitely have one of them. If you have more such apps do suggest me.

• Reply 29 of 29
    I think that what will really take advantage of 3D Touch are games. Today there are many games that jumped on the train and added a nice-to-have functionality with 3D Touch.

However, as of today, there are actually a few 3D Touch exclusive games. To name a few: "ForceRing", "Circles Forever", "underpressure_".

Even though these games are minimalistic, they show some innovation and some of them are pretty addictive. When the big players start making games that are based around 3D Touch, I think we are in for a treat. In a few years, I really think (and hope) that 3D Touch have lifted off and revolutionised mobile gaming.