Apple sends out iOS, email reminders urging users to renew Apple Music

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 54
    I will pay 120€/year to Apple when iCloud Music library will not destroy my library on the Mac, replace perfect good original songs with bad matches I cannot override, substitute my artwork I perfectly like, and not even match songs I bought on the iTunes Store itself!
    Oh, and also when I delete I song I own by mistake, it doesn't get substituted by an Apple Music version I cannot hear if I don't pay the subscription.
  • Reply 42 of 54
    I'd like to clear something up: the pricing.

For me, the renewal of my family Apple Music is going to be just 7.99 bucks, instead of the 15 bucks AI keep posting in its news. I really don't remember the price announced on the keynote, but that's the pricing I'm getting.

[IMG ALT=""]http://forums.appleinsider.com/content/type/61/id/63485/width/500/height/1000[/IMG]

I live in Brazil, which could explain the difference (if it exists), but if that is the case, it would be the first time that Apple offered a lower than US pricing around here.

Update: I just confirmed on apple.com/music and apple.com/br/music, Apple is offering a discounted price (almost 50%) for Brazilian customers, which despite being unexpected, it's a great surprise.

The reasoning behind this must be all the economic trouble here, in the last 3 years we accumulated more than 25% price index inflation, and the exchange rate got from 1 dollar to 1,75 reais to 1 dollar 4,14 reais (more than doubled).

At the US pricing, most Brazilian customers would have to pay up to 60 reais for the service (family option) which most of our middle class (by our standards) would be unwilling to pay. It's 10% of the monthly minimum wage here!
  • Reply 43 of 54

Thanks but no thanks. I already have all the songs, artists, and playlists I could ever want or need on my iPhone, iPad and Mac. 

• Reply 44 of 54

I have been debating the value of this service for awhile.  People saying that the price tag is too high are being greedy.  I think the price tag for being able to listen to nearly anything you want ad free whenever you want is pretty good.

My debate is the value for my personal needs.  I don't listen to that much music.  I don't feel like I really need access to all of it.  Is it great for finding new music?  YES.  Are the playlists great for helping find and promote new artists you might be interested in?  YES.  But, I could also buy a new album a month for less than the price of Apple music.  Even more  if I go to used CD shops...and there are so many ad supported means to listen to music now, that discovering new stuff isn't that hard.  

So I have turned off auto renew and I will see if I miss the service.  After it is gone if I find myself missing Apple Music, I will probably renew.  I am sure there are many more people that will be like me.  In that regard, I think Apple is going to have to wait a few months to see if Apple Music will be a success.

• Reply 45 of 54

After messing around with all the features, I find I am only using it for 'My Music' with the iCloud library. It's convenient streaming all my music from any of our devices to a couple of Airport Express's connected to hifi's, but I think I can do this with iTunes Match alone and that is a fair price and matches my usage scenario better, so I will probably sign up for that. 

My biggest complaint with the iCloud music library is that it frequently shows the wrong artwork ( or no artwork ) on songs that I have added to iTunes on the Mac (that show the correct artwork).  I also seem to need to manually tell iTunes to upload new, recently added songs to the cloud by right-clicking and selecting 'add to iCloud music library'... plus it has also picked the wrong versions of some songs, where it thinks it has a match in the iCloud library - I believe this can happen with iTunes Match as well, but I read about some workarounds for that.

I was going to subscribe, but the UK price of £9.99 /month is too much imo. I was hoping for an actual $9.99 US dollar to UK pound conversion, eg. around £6/month - I would have most likely signed up at that price.

If they drop the price and fix some of the bugs I may look again, but I will most likely sign up for iTunes Match as that suits my listening habits better.

• Reply 46 of 54
    Quote:

Originally Posted by TBell View Post

I guess that Apple would consider 10% a success.

If this thread is representative, the 10% might just be correct.

• Reply 47 of 54
    Quote:

Originally Posted by pakitt View Post

I will pay 120€/year to Apple when iCloud Music library will not destroy my library on the Mac, replace perfect good original songs with bad matches I cannot override, substitute my artwork I perfectly like, and not even match songs I bought on the iTunes Store itself!

Oh, and also when I delete I song I own by mistake, it doesn't get substituted by an Apple Music version I cannot hear if I don't pay the subscription.

When Apple Music was released, iCloud Music destroyed my library. I actually lost studio masters that were replaced with DRM protected songs. I also ended up with dozens of new repetitive playlists. Last night, I decided I would try it again since some issues were fixed. I tried it on my Macbook, which doesn't have my main iTunes library. Once again, same problem as before. I lost some music and ended up with dozens of new playlists, with all the same music. Until Apple does a better job, no Apple Music for me. 

• Reply 48 of 54
    I also have had a lot of bugs which were irksome.

However overall I like the service that helps me find new music and I can see a lot of potential in the future.

I also found from being an early Spotify adopter years ago they started off cool and fresh... but now I have found them to be a bit creepy and invasive. I feel like I am being profiled for marketing like Google. So Spotify is now out of the question for me.
  • Reply 49 of 54
    gtrgtr Posts: 3,231member
  • Reply 50 of 54
    Quote:

Originally Posted by GTR View Post

That's to the point 8-)

• Reply 51 of 54
    bluefire1bluefire1 Posts: 1,302member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by sog35 View Post

You are not the target for AppleMusic.

AppleMusic is for people open minded and willing to listen to new stuff.  Not just the same rigamaro from the 70's

Wrong decade pal. 

• Reply 52 of 54
    joelsaltjoelsalt Posts: 827member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by sog35 View Post

$4.99 should be the price in the USA if they want this to take off.

But I think its the greedy labels who are not allowing Apple to charge that price in the USA/Europe

Remember when CDs were like $20 for a half-hour of music in the 90s?  Or was that just Canada?

• Reply 53 of 54
    joelsalt wrote: »

Remember when CDs were like $20 for a half-hour of music in the 90s?  Or was that just Canada?

Remember how sales of them went down due to their pricing / lack of good value for the money?