Apple, SAP, Imagine Dragons raise funds for migrant crisis relief with exclusive iTunes single

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 45
    paxmanpaxman Posts: 4,729member
    chadbag wrote: »

The left wing intolerants are ok though?

No, not at all. Just as bad. It is impossible to have a decent conversation with intolerant people - their intolerance obfuscates empathy and reason and the conversation too easily becomes vitriolic.
  • Reply 42 of 45
    chadbagchadbag Posts: 2,006member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by paxman View Post

No, not at all. Just as bad. It is impossible to have a decent conversation with intolerant people - their intolerance obfuscates empathy and reason and the conversation too easily becomes vitriolic.

Yet you felt it necessary to label "right wing homophobes" specifically in your posting?   Kind of makes YOU a left wing intolerant.

• Reply 43 of 45
    chadbag wrote: »

I knew where you were going with this, of course and my name calling was probably not cool, but I am generally very tolerant. If you read the first half of this thread I think you see what I mean. There are a series of posts that are so out of line I couldn't help myself. But when it gets vaguely political in this forum I am always shocked by some of the views on display. Those views are very often right wing. In this case it was more like paranoid and cruel intolerance, based to a pretty large degree on what came across as ignorance which is pretty awful in my book.

My comment about fascisminsider was a 'prodding joke', based on the fact that the views previously expressed fit the 'fascist' term. I am not suggesting people here are bona fide fascists, of course, but when opinions are expressed with 'full force' as 'fact', and where there is no suggestion that debate, or a dissenting view is even welcome it does seem to fit the general term well.
  • Reply 44 of 45
    paxman wrote: »
    You are talking about Fassbender. Great actor.

Dammit! Foiled by my own spelling error!
  • Reply 45 of 45
    Dammit! Foiled by my own spelling error!
    Hah! I'll take that as a win, then. :) I have to admit that the spelling was not what made me thing of Werner instead of Michael - it was probably more to do with the fact that the word 'fascism' has a European connotation. If you'd ask me how to spell either person's name it would have been pot luck for me. So, OK, a draw, then.