Apple seeds tvOS gold master to developers as launch of fourth-gen Apple TV nears

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 25
    Anybody aware of any upcoming adventure games like lara croft or god of war like games releasing on Apple TV ?
  • Reply 22 of 25
    Quote:

Originally Posted by kent909 View Post

So what is the criteria to determine if one should buy 32GB or 64GB?

In this case, 64GB may be overkill for most people.   The maximum app size is 200MB and all user data will be kept on iCloud.  This will probably encourage universal iPhone/iPad apps to do the same just for consistency.

• Reply 23 of 25
    Quote:

Originally Posted by williamlondon View Post

2) does it download only from iCloud for apps greater than 200MB, or can it download resources it needs from your iTunes library?

There's no mention of iTunes in the developer docs so I would assume it's iCloud only.

• Reply 24 of 25
    eightzeroeightzero Posts: 3,065member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by williamlondon View Post

So fucking excited about this, I'm giddy!

Can't wait to give it a whirl and find out about how it works, such as:

1) what's downloading of apps like?

2) does it download only from iCloud for apps greater than 200MB, or can it download resources it needs from your iTunes library?

3) what core apps are included and how will they work?

4) when does the app store launch?

5) what apps will be available when it launches?

6) when is the Steelseries Nimbus launching?

Most exciting new product from Apple since the launch of the mini (for me anyway).

I'm with you. Sure would be nice to see a tvOS App Store go live after the preorders window opens.

The MLB app that was demoed onstage was really nifty. I'm rather hoping there are apps like this coming for the NFL and NHL. Maybe even a HNIC app.