Popular iPhone camera app VSCO launches new GIF maker called DSCO

Posted:
in iPhone edited October 2015
Photography-focused startup Visual Supply Co. on Thursday launched a new app entirely exclusive to iOS: DSCO, a quick and easy way to make animated GIFs on your iPhone.

DSCO (pronounced "disco") is a free download on the iOS App Store requiring iOS 8.4 or later. VSCO has called the creation its first "pop-up app."

DSCO allows users to capture, edit and share animated GIFs in portrait mode by simply tapping and holding on a record button. A rainbow graphic fills the perimeter of the display while the GIF is recorded, allowing users to know exactly how much more time they have to record.

Once a GIF has been recorded, the creation can automatically be saved to a user's VSCO profile, or shared to Tumblr, Twitter, Facebook and Instagram. DSCO GIFs can also be viewed by updating to the latest version of the VSCO Cam app for iOS.

GIFs can also be edited with a swipe after they are recorded, allowing users to apply their own presets and new "limited edition" options. App Settings can be found with a two-finger swipe downward from the camera screen.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    ...lo...I read it everyware. FREE DOWNLOAD. Save in your users profile.

Trouble is, at least for me....perhaps I am not alone? I have no Facebook account! Nor any of the others ....Instagram..etc...
    So, I don't get the app. Don't get to try it. Because I am locked out. Maybe another time, when one does not have to (log-in...or open an account). The app is just not that enticing.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    eriamjheriamjh Posts: 1,642member

No option to save to camera roll is short sighted.

• Reply 3 of 3
    nuttan wrote: »
    ...lo...I read it everyware. FREE DOWNLOAD. Save in your users profile.

Trouble is, at least for me....perhaps I am not alone? I have no Facebook account! Nor any of the others ....Instagram..etc...
    So, I don't get the app. Don't get to try it. Because I am locked out. Maybe another time, when one does not have to (log-in...or open an account). The app is just not that enticing.

Lament no more, there are plenty of better and free apps to chose from. Just do a App Store search on the term, "gif."