Apple promo offers $50 savings on Apple Watch with new iPhone purchase

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 27
    foggyhillfoggyhill Posts: 4,767member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by TheOtherGeoff View Post

1 month late.

Or more diabolically, just in time for the Holiday Shopping season.

As for this...

I see 2 possible reasons... 

- Establish more 'wrist marketing' before Dec 26th.   Tis the season to covet.

- New Watch HW coming soon (Spring Fashion Week.  Seriously.), time to clear inventory.

Actually, since the Ipod and Apple TV sales  were totally in the dumpster for most of the last year (because new ones were coming) and in the case of the Apple TV cut prices, I expect the actual sales for the watch to be closer to 2.5B, for about 5M watches sold.

• Reply 22 of 27
    sphericspheric Posts: 2,564member
    Get back to me when the time is visible 100% of the time on the watch face. Then, I would definitely go for it :-) I want watch 2,0 or 3.9, whatever. It just has to do this one simple thing.
    Consider this:

If it were a passive display like a Kindle reader, I could understand. But since it's actually illuminated, having it on permanently would be *extremely* annoying, especially in the dark. It would be like having a permanently-lit LED circus on your wrist.

Just no.

The activate-on-raise functionality as Apple has implemented it actually strikes a very nice balance, in my experience.
  • Reply 23 of 27
    Some of the comments over at TrollRumors, er MacRumors, are rather amusing. Ben Frost is gleefully proclaiming Apple Watch doom as are others.

Almost better than football....
  • Reply 24 of 27
    dasanman69dasanman69 Posts: 13,002member
    Some of the comments over at TrollRumors, er MacRumors, are rather amusing. Ben Frost is gleefully proclaiming Apple Watch doom as are others.

I love how Ben Frost starts off with "Hate to say it" :lol:
  • Reply 25 of 27

Frosty landed over there after receiving perma-ban status here? LOL!
  • Reply 26 of 27
    Frosty landed over there after receiving perma-ban status here? LOL!
    Oh yeah. He's quite easy to spot. Anytime an article on the Apple Watch comes up, he comes out. Any negative post garners thumbs-up from him.

The best part is he usually prefaces his comments with "I hate to say it but..."