Apple's iPhone 6s, 6s Plus win Anandtech's "Editors Choice Gold" award

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 25
    calicali Posts: 3,494member
    cali wrote: »
    Plug your ears and sing "lalala! The knockoff is better than the real thing!!"

Update:

There's actually someone in the anandtech comment section doing this. He says android is better and refuses to read the review...
  • Reply 22 of 25

I planned on waiting (had an iPhone 6+), but after reading the raving reviews of the 6S+ I ended up taking the plunge. Couldn't be happier about my choice.  Although it's not a blow-me-away upgrade, the performance improvements are very noticeable.  This phone doesn't slow down for anything at all.  It's a powerful workhorse in every sense.  3D touch is fun, but it's the speed of this phone that makes its mark.

• Reply 23 of 25
    heliahelia Posts: 170member
    What I loved most about their review was this part:

At this point we also have to start looking at not only who is chasing Apple, but who Apple is chasing. With yet another round of architectural improvements and a clockspeed approaching 2GHz, comparing Apple’s CPU designs to Intel’s is less rhetorical than ever before. By the time we get to iPad Pro and can start comparing tablets to tablets, [B][SIZE=4][COLOR=blue]we may need to have a discussion about how Twister and Skylake compare.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]
  • Reply 24 of 25
    heliahelia Posts: 170member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Cash907 View Post

And if the guy who started Anandtech wasn't currently an Apple employee, that might mean something.

Ryan Smith - Monday, November 02, 2015 - link

"BTW, didn't Anand himself went to work for Apple last year? "

Indeed he did. Which is why he no longer has any kind of stake in AnandTech, and is the very last person we'd ever talk to about Apple products.

Ryan is AnandTech's current EIC.