Apple introduces 'Categories' section to tvOS App Store

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 30
    Not in the UK!
  • Reply 22 of 30
    idreyidrey Posts: 647member
    pmz wrote: »

I'm surprised no one has asked this but: We need iCloud Keychain and/or 1Password. For all intents and purposes, a tvOS device is the same as an iOS device and shares these needs.

Would be great to pull up the 1Password extension every time you need to input a login.

Work in progress I guess. So far the new ?tv is s great
    Improvement, let's see what Apple and developer make of it.
  • Reply 23 of 30
    fallenjtfallenjt Posts: 4,056member
    idrey wrote: »
    Common Apple, update the remote app already. The remote app is very useful, specially when imputing passwords.
    instead of using your time to whine in here, use it to enter passwords.
  • Reply 24 of 30
    fallenjtfallenjt Posts: 4,056member
    Wow!  How did you program the Apple TV SIRI Remote to change the channel on your TV?
    I bet is has something to do with Learning the remote commands.

Could be we "almost" have the equivalent of a Harmony Remote in our hands, and we don't know it.

Many possibilities ahead for the ATV4 and beyond.
    why the hell you need to change TV channels while using ATV?
  • Reply 25 of 30
    Quote:

Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post

Wow!  How did you program the Apple TV SIRI Remote to change the channel on your TV?

I bet is has something to do with Learning the remote commands.

Could be we "almost" have the equivalent of a Harmony Remote in our hands, and we don't know it.

Many possibilities ahead for the ATV4 and beyond.

I assume he means that it turns the TV on, and switches inputs.  Both of these are functions of HDMI-CEC.

• Reply 26 of 30
    eightzeroeightzero Posts: 3,130member

Hum. This "categories" section did not appear on mine last night. Check the software update to be sure, and it claimed all up to date. Strange.

• Reply 27 of 30
    Disappointed we "lost" the podcast icon. I loved podcasts.
  • Reply 28 of 30
    g-newsg-news Posts: 1,107member

Seems like Apple is running a very fragmented market strategy here. The "Categories" Section has obviously only been added in the US Store. Same thing with Siri support that is tied to the AppleID's country, instead of the region and language settings.

It may all be some kind of legal BS, but it's clearly not in the customers' best interest.

• Reply 29 of 30
    foggyhillfoggyhill Posts: 4,767member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by G-News View Post

Seems like Apple is running a very fragmented market strategy here. The "Categories" Section has obviously only been added in the US Store. Same thing with Siri support that is tied to the AppleID's country, instead of the region and language settings.

It may all be some kind of legal BS, but it's clearly not in the customers' best interest.

It has nothing with a fragmented strategy, aren't the top download list regional?

Maybe there is still not enough stat for proper lists to be made in those countries. I'm guessing they're going to appear soon.

• Reply 30 of 30
    I don't have Categories. USA only right now?