Apple's Eddy Cue talks over-the-top Apple TV services, interactive content in interview

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 23
    By "People" do they mean the world or America?

There's so much content I can't get here in New Zealand simply because if I go the free route and stick with TVNZ or TV3 then I'm stuck with what they offer. If I go the paid route I get Sky but the same deal and with a ridiculous amount of ads (the free stuff has less ads than Sky does and yet Sky shouldn't need ads when they have paying customers so there's no way I'm going the paid route with Sky).

I have Netflix here in NZ and I pay for that service but the problem is that I don't get all of the content that America does.

If Apple treats "people" as the entire world then they need to find a way that everyone gets EXACTLY the same access as everyone else. It's never going to happen because TV studios are complete morons who clearly don't want people to view their shows.
  • Reply 22 of 23
    thomprthompr Posts: 1,521member
    By "People" do they mean the world or America?

There's so much content I can't get here in New Zealand simply because if I go the free route and stick with TVNZ or TV3 then I'm stuck with what they offer. If I go the paid route I get Sky but the same deal and with a ridiculous amount of ads (the free stuff has less ads than Sky does and yet Sky shouldn't need ads when they have paying customers so there's no way I'm going the paid route with Sky).

I have Netflix here in NZ and I pay for that service but the problem is that I don't get all of the content that America does.

If Apple treats "people" as the entire world then they need to find a way that everyone gets EXACTLY the same access as everyone else. It's never going to happen because TV studios are complete morons who clearly don't want people to view their shows.

Different countries, different pipes, different networks, different paying advertisers, different laws, different exclusive arrangements, etc, etc, etc.

The result is a large number of differences facing the user, one of which is content.

Don't expect idealism when money is involved.
  • Reply 23 of 23
    Quote:

Originally Posted by thompr View Post

Different countries, different pipes, different networks, different paying advertisers, different laws, different exclusive arrangements, etc, etc, etc.

The result is a large number of differences facing the user, one of which is content.

Don't expect idealism when money is involved.

Don't get me wrong I know all of this but is it really too difficult to ask that content available in one place can be distributed to another? Hell, NZ just signed the freaking TPPA giving us a free trade deal with America but why the hell can't we get American products?

If money was the factor then by all rights selling your product to as many people as possible should make you more money right? I mean it does seem somewhat logical. But then maybe I have too much understanding of how things SHOULD work and not enough understanding of how things DO work. When the world is run by morons then anything goes I guess.

That being said I guess the censorship entities would have to have a say in matters.