Apple issues third betas of iOS 9.2 & OS X 10.11.2, second tvOS 9.2 beta to developers

Posted:
in iPhone edited November 2015
Registered Apple developers can now access third pre-release beta of iOS 9.2, bringing new features like AT&T NumberSync as well as fixes for iCloud Keychain and Apple Watch pairing, among other improvements. The third beta for OS X 10.11.2 and the second for tvOS 9.2 are also available.




iOS 9.2 beta 3, identified as build 13C5071, is now available to download on registered developer devices. It's accessible as an over-the-air update, or through the Apple Developer Center.

The update arrives just one week after iOS 9.2 beta 2 was released. A public release of beta 3 is likely forthcoming this week.

The most notable change in iOS 9.2 revealed by Apple is a change to how the Safari Web browser works in third-party apps, enabling user-installed extensions to operate in those conditions. It also supports AT&T's forthcoming NumberSync technology for receiving phone calls across devices.

The third beta of OS X 10.11.2 also arrives just one week after the second beta build. Developers have once again been asked to focus their testing on Calendar, graphics, Mail, networking, Notes, Photos, Spotlight, USB, and Wi-Fi.

Accordingly, there is a new third beta of Xcode 7.2 available to build apps for the latest updates to iOS 9 and OS X El Capitan.

Finally, Apple has also issued a second beta of tvOS 9.1 for testing. Its first beta arrived a week ago, and it is only compatible with the new fourth-generation Apple TV with Siri Remote.

Comments

  • Reply 1 of 12

    These will be released right before the holidays.

    I wish Apple would release the skinny TV bundle as a Christmas present.

    Time will tell.

  • Reply 2 of 12

    9.2 fixes, at least on the iPad, one of my greatest annoyances with the Music app; there's now a little icon to show if it's on device or in the cloud. Which should never have been removed, but at least it's back.

  • Reply 3 of 12

    I hope this fixes the weird Mail issue I all of a sudden started having. Mail won't connect to my main POP email server to get email, connects to my Gmail account fine though. I've tried deleting and recreating the account, but it still is not working. I can send an email through it, just won't download new ones. Get the "account error" icon. Very annoying. My mail app on my iPhone (iOS 9.1) works perfectly with the same settings/accounts.

     

    Current build of Thunderbird is the only client for me that works flawlessly on OS X. 

  • Reply 4 of 12
    hypoluxa wrote: »
    I hope this fixes the weird Mail issue I all of a sudden started having. Mail won't connect to my main POP email server to get email, connects to my Gmail account fine though. I've tried deleting and recreating the account, but it still is not working. I can send an email through it, just won't download new ones. Get the "account error" icon. Very annoying. My mail app on my iPhone (iOS 9.1) works perfectly with the same settings/accounts.

    Current build of Thunderbird is the only client for me that works flawlessly on OS X. 

    You are definitely not alone with this pop issue. This thread:
    https://discussions.apple.com/thread/7221489
    Has hundreds of users that have been seriously affected by this issue. Some really detailed analysis by some users and also very interesting feedback from those that have engaged with apple support. Basically, the issue has finally been acknowledged and apparently a fix is in the way. Mail basically unusable as an enterprise user since the iOS 9 upgrade. I have my hopes pinned on 9.2
  • Reply 5 of 12
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Bat Cat View Post





    You are definitely not alone with this pop issue. This thread:

    https://discussions.apple.com/thread/7221489

    Has hundreds of users that have been seriously affected by this issue. Some really detailed analysis by some users and also very interesting feedback from those that have engaged with apple support. Basically, the issue has finally been acknowledged and apparently a fix is in the way. Mail basically unusable as an enterprise user since the iOS 9 upgrade. I have my hopes pinned on 9.2



    Actually I was referring to OS X Mail app in 10.11.1. It just recently took a dump on me and stopped working as it did. iOS 9.1 Mail works perfectly for me.

  • Reply 6 of 12
    bat cat wrote: »
    Mail basically unusable as an enterprise user since the iOS 9 upgrade.

    I had no idea anyone was still using POP.

    Seriously?!
  • Reply 7 of 12
    Headline says tvOS 9.2 beta, article says tvOS 9.1 beta. I assume it's the latter.
  • Reply 8 of 12
    eriamjheriamjh Posts: 1,113member

    I would have NEVER updated from 8.4.X to 9.anything if I knew it was going to make my perfectly running iPhone 6 Plus a sh*t-fest lag and interface artifacts and overall crap.  It was iOS7 all over again.

     

    Please, Apple, for the love of god, PLEASE, restore the silk that was the interface on my phone with 9.2!   

  • Reply 9 of 12
    gdoggdog Posts: 224member

    Can someone comment on speed and improvements with these latest betas.   I am reluctant to update from ios 9.1 and os 10.11 Gm.

    I have found my older ipads feeling very slow since ios 9.   iphone 6s plus seems great with 9.1 and i hate to slow it down.  10.11 is great on imac with ssd.   An honest  review would be appreciated.

  • Reply 10 of 12
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Eriamjh View Post

     

    I would have NEVER updated from 8.4.X to 9.anything if I knew it was going to make my perfectly running iPhone 6 Plus a sh*t-fest lag and interface artifacts and overall crap.  It was iOS7 all over again.

     

    Please, Apple, for the love of god, PLEASE, restore the silk that was the interface on my phone with 9.2!   


     

    Why did you upgrade in the first place? You weren't forced to do so.

     

    There is usually two options, upgrade fast and then if it doesn't work, back out before they stop signing the previous version,

    or wait it out, don't upgrade, until most of the quirks are ironed out (usually happens after by the 0.2 releases.

  • Reply 11 of 12
    @appleinsider Headline is incorrect, it's tvOS 9.1 not 9.2.
  • Reply 12 of 12
    benlop wrote: »
    I had no idea anyone was still using POP.

    Seriously?!

    Yep, shared admin family email where we both work full time and therefore need to be able to pickup, action, retain or delete independently of each other and still maintain an archive of everything on the main Mac. We don't want to leave emails on the provider server because their security is always going to be the weak link. IMAP is cool for so of our accounts but pop has real benefits in others. No big deal. Also the thread on the Apple forum has highlighted just how many email providers world wide only offer pop. I use a combination of pop and IMAP across my various email accounts in order to meet my various requirements. Rather than taking a old is Rubbish view I have a reasonable understanding of how they work, how they interact with iOS and OS settings and therefore the pros and cons of the 2 options. Hopefully that makes sense?
Sign In or Register to comment.