Review: SteelSeries Nimbus is the best gaming controller for Apple TV and iPad

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 46
    dasanman69dasanman69 Posts: 13,002member
    melgross wrote: »
    dasanman69 wrote: »
    I have a PS3, I just prefer the games available for the Xbox, specifically Halo, and Gears of War.

We're just talking about controllers. You didn't respond to my question at the end.

I have no idea how much the cost would be.
  • Reply 42 of 46
    I am now on my second Nimbus from Apple, I changed my first one on Saturday 12 December 2015 because the left joystick was not returning to the neutral position, now the replacement has gone the same way...
  • Reply 43 of 46
    I am now on my second Nimbus from Apple, I changed my first one on Saturday 12 December 2015 because the left joystick was not returning to the neutral position, now the replacement has gone the same way...
    Ok I went back to the Apple shop with my Nimbus and I was shown by a young member of staff that the left joystick could be pushed in a bit and that you can hear it. It now works a treat, shame the basic instructions that come with the Nimbus controller don't tell you much...
    I am now a happy bunny again... Thank you Apple Staff in Liverpool Shop.
  • Reply 44 of 46
    I agree with th review, it has the same standard as regular controllers, for Xbox etc. A must buy!
  • Reply 45 of 46
    racerhomie3racerhomie3 Posts: 1,264member

Controllers are hard to get right. Microsoft, Sony, and Nintendo spend millions and millions in R&D on these things any time they go to revise them, and they can go through thousands of prototypes. Even then, they can end up releasing a second revision to the existing controller mid-generation (Xbox, PS3, Xbox 360, Xbox One) that just adds to the development cost.

So I'm glad to see they've managed to produce what looks to be a mostly competent controller at a reasonable price. Though, ergonomically, this doesn't look to be too great. I'd have to get a hands-on with it before buying one.

It is quite ergonomic. I play GTA on my iPad with it for 2-4 hours straight.