Waze, WhatsApp & Fantastical 2 join iPhone apps updated with 3D Touch

Posted:
in iPhone edited November 2015
A number of popular iOS apps on Monday added support for 3D Touch on the iPhone 6s and 6s Plus, including the GPS app Waze, WhatsApp Messenger, and calendar app Fantastical 2.

With Waze, users can now press and hold on the app's home screen icon to trigger Quick Actions such as to navigating to home or work, finding a specific address, or sharing a current location.

WhatsApp and Fantastical, meanwhile, have gained Peek and Pop commands. In the former these can be used to preview chats, while Fantastical supports them for previewing events and reminders.

A fourth app, GasBuddy, is now using the full set of 3D Touch commands. Peek and Pop are specifically used to preview individual gas stations.

Adoption of 3D Touch has been relatively rapid, even if many implementations are still simple and straightforward. The technology has only been around since late September's launch of the 6s and 6s Plus.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    Waiting for Carplay...
  • Reply 2 of 4
    Waze is yet to work on my iPhone. Tried it on iOS 7 / 8 / 9 and iPhone 5s, 6 plus and now 6s.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    welshdogwelshdog Posts: 1,897member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by El3v3nty View Post

Waze is yet to work on my iPhone. Tried it on iOS 7 / 8 / 9 and iPhone 5s, 6 plus and now 6s.

You mean it won't launch or that you aren't satisfied with it's performance?

• Reply 4 of 4
    Quote:

Originally Posted by WelshDog View Post

You mean it won't launch or that you aren't satisfied with it's performance?

Ok, here's what happens:

Step 1: Launch wake and sign in to existing profile (which has home/work address for 3d touch shortcuts)

Step 2: Get navigation directions to work.

Step 3: Pick the fastest route.

Step 4: Drive!

Nothing happen for me after Step 3. it just freezes. and frequently crashes.