Apple reminds iPhone users about Apple Pay in new Guided Tour video

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 24
    welshdog wrote: »
    As former Apple AHA I recommend you always try a "power off" first before a two button restart.  The forced restart is more violent from a system standpoint, and is akin to pulling the plug on a computer.  Holding the power button down and sliding to power off is a more structured method to solve various system issues.

Ha, that's interesting. Is that different from -- i.e., more violent than -- using the 'Restart' (as opposed to 'Shut Down') function in OSX? If so, is there room for an equivalent function in iOS?
  • Reply 22 of 24
    welshdogwelshdog Posts: 1,898member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by anantksundaram View Post

Ha, that's interesting. Is that different from -- i.e., more violent than -- using the 'Restart' (as opposed to 'Shut Down') function in OSX? If so, is there room for an equivalent function in iOS?

I guess Macs have three options: Restart, Shutdown and unplug.  As far as I understand the phone only has shutdown and unplug (two button restart).  Restart or Shutdown in a Mac do have an orderly process - apps are quit and their state is saved.  The iPhone system is different and I think it constantly has a "saved state" of all apps so maybe the two button restart is somewhat similar to a Mac restart.  Except that the phone doesn't do an orderly power down of the CPU etc., it just re-powers it.  When we were trained they told us to be careful recommending the two button restart and to do other things first. Apparently there was some evidence that it could aggravate existing issues in the file system and with app data.  

• Reply 23 of 24
    chiachia Posts: 713member
    Used Apple Pay for the first time today at the Post Office (Reading, UK).
    Very simple.
    It is sad that more retailers have not signed up for it. IF they have they aren't making it obvious to customers.

You can use Apple Pay at any retailer with contactless terminals that accepts your contactless cards.
    Presumably those with explicit support of Apple Pay have the potential to allow Apple Pay payments higher than the £30 contactless limit.
  • Reply 24 of 24
    gofaster wrote: »
    Until Apple starts accepting Visa Debit Cards it is a waste of my time.

works with mine. even if it didn't work with yours I don't see how not using it would be a waste of your time. since you're not, you know, using it.