Apple provides fifth beta of OS X 10.11.2 El Capitan to developers, public testers

Posted:
in macOS edited November 2015
Apple on Monday supplied a fifth beta of its forthcoming OS X 10.11.2 update for El Capitan, providing a new-release build to both registered developers and members of the public beta program.

OS X El Capitan 10.11.2 Public Beta 5 is now available to download from the Mac App Store. It is identified as build 15C48a.

Apple has again warned testers to install the update on a system or partition they are prepared to erase if necessary.

Focus areas in the fifth beta are Graphics, Mail, Wi-Fi, Calendar, USB, Notes, Photos, Spotlight, and Networking.

The new beta launches less than two weeks after the fourth beta of OS X 10.11.2 was issued. Apple had been pushing out new updates weekly, but likely took last week off for the Thanksgiving holiday in the U.S.

Apple last month formally released the OS X 10.11.1 update to address issues with Office 2016, Mail, VoiceOver and more. The software also included unspecified performance enhancements and more than 150 new emoji characters.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    Keep fix'n those bugs Apple.
    And IMO could use a little more Scott Forstall 'ease of use' influence back into the software design. Not full on skeuomorphism... but just more intent/focus for ease of discovery/use.
  • Reply 2 of 6
    Hope they fix the slow waking from sleep on late model iMacs. Takes forever.
  • Reply 3 of 6
    Just curious when you say "wake from sleep" does hanging the screen saver on count? Because mind wakes instantly - though I have to type in my password. Are you actually putting the computer physically to sleep? I mean choosing that option from pull down? Because I have an iMac 2010, iMac 2011 and of course my 17" laptop too - all come alive the second I hit "space bar". I'd be glad to test this for you since mine are older too, but need to know what you're referring to as "wake up from sleep".
  • Reply 4 of 6
    cpsrocpsro Posts: 3,198member

Hoping the general release of 10.11.2 is accompanied by updated Mac Pros and MacBook Pros.

• Reply 5 of 6
    Originally Posted by Cpsro View Post

Hoping the general release of 10.11.2 is accompanied by updated Mac Pros and MacBook Pros.

We’re too late in the year for that, aren’t we? Maybe February.

• Reply 6 of 6
    cpsrocpsro Posts: 3,198member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

We’re too late in the year for that, aren’t we? Maybe February.

Yes, and you're beginning to grasp my disappointment (a.k.a. exasperation) with Apple.