Space black Milanese Loop band for Apple Watch briefly appears on Apple's Czech online store

Posted:
in Apple Watch
Apple on Wednesday momentarily teased the possibility of a space black Milanese Loop, which would help fill out band options for one of the Apple Watch's most popular colors.

The accessory appeared for a short time on Apple's Czech online store earlier today, and was later spotted at the company's Hungarian and Portugese sites, as noted by 9to5Mac. The Czech page, at least, was lacking a price or an option to buy, but an attached shipping date is said to have pointed to a real launch next week.

Space black versions of the Watch have been some of Apple's best-selling models, yet people wanting a matching metal band have so far only been able to pick the Link Bracelet.

Last fall Apple added a variety of new customization options for the Apple Watch, including not just bands but additional body colors for Sport models, and a partnership with Hermes offering both leather bands and unique watchfaces.

A second-generation Watch could be announced at a March press event. Little has been rumored about features, but the introduction of a new official band this month could suggest that first-gen bands will remain compatible with improved hardware.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    Yummy, that would solve my dilemma. 
    netmage
  • Reply 2 of 7
    Yes, please.
  • Reply 3 of 7
    That looks great.  I've got the std Milanese loop and love it.  It's way more comfortable than I had expected.  I'm probably going to buy a leather strap as well, but this one is my go to.  If they make one to match the black stainless steel model it'll sell like hot cakes.
    bestkeptsecret
  • Reply 4 of 7
    fallenjtfallenjt Posts: 4,053member
    Yummy, that would solve my dilemma. 
    $30 or less all over Amazon.
  • Reply 5 of 7
    That looks great.  I've got the std Milanese loop and love it.  It's way more comfortable than I had expected.  I'm probably going to buy a leather strap as well, but this one is my go to.  If they make one to match the black stainless steel model it'll sell like hot cakes.
    The Milanese Loop is the best fitting strap. In Jony's words - "infinitely adjustable"!  I love mine. And just like you, I want to buy a leather strap - possibly a saddle brown one!
    edited January 2016
  • Reply 6 of 7
    That's a nice looking band. I don't think I've ever seen a Milanese Loop in black by anybody. That makes the black and the gold Sport watches look a little dressier without looking too formal. It would probably look really good with the gold Sport, too.
  • Reply 7 of 7
    mainyehcmainyehc Posts: 133member
    So… you forgot to add that the Apple Watch launch date for Portugal and Hungary, Jan. 29, was also announced yesterday, during the Malaysian launch (a strictly Apple-related topic which you also failed to mention at all, unlike the predictable and not-at-all new phenomenon that MacBook-like PC clones being shown at CES is… In other news, the Earth is round, am I right?), hence the Space Black Milanese Loop's untimely appearance in the Portuguese store (along with all sorts of accessories, which are immediately available and can become very handy for those crazy “late early adopters” who jumped the gun and bought first-generation Apple Watches from other european Apple Stores before the official launch, without even knowing whether that launch would ever come to pass – case in point: the original iPhone was never made available here, we skipped right to the 3G – and thus allow local AASPs to service them in the future, like I did ;) ).

Way to go, AI staff, you just let MR one-up you. :p
    edited January 2016