Apple supplies developers, public testers with second beta of OS X 10.11.3

Posted:
in macOS
Apple on Wednesday issued a second pre-release beta of OS X 10.11.3, a forthcoming maintenance and security update for the El Capitan Mac operating system.

Registered developers and members of Apple's public beta program can now download OS X 10.11.3 beta 2 from the Mac App Store.

As usual, Apple advises users to install the update on a system or partition they are prepared to erase if necessary. Systems updated to OS X 10.11.3 will not be able to revert back to a previous system after updating.

The first beta of OS X 10.11.3 El Capitan arrived last month.

Apple's last update for the Mac operating system, OS X 10.11.2, also arrived in December with a handful of improvements relating to Wi-Fi reliability, Handoff and AirDrop, Mail issues and iCloud Photo Sharing for Live Photos. The release also addressed a number of minor usability issues, bugs and security flaws.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    lkrupplkrupp Posts: 10,557member
    “ The OS X El Capitan 10.11.3 Public Beta improves the stability, compatibility, and security of your Mac.” I love these kinds of updates. I love bug fixes. I love security improvements. I love compatibility.