Apple Music down for some listeners, asking others to resubscribe [u]

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2016
Some Apple Music listeners are currently experiencing serious problems with the service, including not being able to stream anything at all, according to numerous grievances on Twitter. [Updated]

This may include both the regular on-demand streams and Beats 1 radio, some of the complaints indicate. In the iOS Music app people are encountering a splash screen asking them to sign up, even though they're already paid subscribers. People who try to sign up regardless may be told they're already members, yet still find themselves unable to listen.

iTunes users are running into related error messages.

Apple's System Status tracker doesn't show any problems, although there was a disruption with the iTunes Store earlier in the day.

Along those lines, Apple has yet to publicly acknowledge the Apple Music issues or suggest when they might be fixed. A temporary workaround for the splash screen problem may involve force-quitting the Music app.

Although Apple Music has reportedly topped 10 million subscribers, the service still has some rough edges, which Apple has been working to remedy.

Update: Troubles have been resolved for at least some listeners.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 13
    dangit, it's working for me; I wanted to roll out a hyperbolic Apple Trope.
    lkrupp
  • Reply 2 of 13
    steviestevie Posts: 956member
    Every streaming music service has bugs.  Why would anybody expect Apple to be the one and only company to never ever have any bugs in anything ever.

It just shows how unfair the media is.  Stock manipulation at its finest!
  • Reply 3 of 13
    The journalist prostitutes of Wall Street are working feverishly to drum up new crap they can pile on the ever growing cloud of narrative negativity surrounding Apple...

All the while, the company is doing just fine and about to release another blockbuster quarterly result...
    edited January 2016
  • Reply 4 of 13
    Good!  Hopefully they won't be able to show that stupid sign up screen either. 
  • Reply 5 of 13
    markbyrn said:
    I hear ya sometimes the disappointment is staggering. Someone should call a lawyer and get a lawsuit going though, I think that would be prudent.
    edited January 2016
  • Reply 6 of 13
    Went to workout this morning and all of my Playlists were gone. WTF.
  • Reply 7 of 13
    radarthekatradarthekat Posts: 3,842moderator
    George Strait is crooning about the seashores of old Mexico on my iPhone.  No problems here, unless you don't like George Strait.
    edited January 2016 montrosemacs
  • Reply 8 of 13
    lkrupplkrupp Posts: 10,557member
    9to5 Mac reporting it’s fixed already. Networks go down all the time. Go take a look at http://www.downdetector.com sometime. Some network is always down somewhere, including ALL the big names, so no outraged Apple bashing is called for. Get a life people.
    edited January 2016
  • Reply 9 of 13
    markbyrn said:
    I like Apple tropes heated up with a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top.
  • Reply 10 of 13
    Works fine for me.
  • Reply 11 of 13
    lwiolwio Posts: 110member
    Damn it, had the class action lawyers on standby there but Apple were too quick quick to fix it. 
  • Reply 12 of 13
    linkmanlinkman Posts: 1,035member
    lkrupp said:
    9to5 Mac reporting it’s fixed already. Networks go down all the time. Go take a look at http://www.downdetector.com sometime. Some network is always down somewhere, including ALL the big names, so no outraged Apple bashing is called for. Get a life people.
    Stuff goes down -- nothing gets 100.00000000000000% uptime for any decent length of time -- but Apple should own up to it when it does go awry.
  • Reply 13 of 13
    linkman said:
    lkrupp said:
    Stuff goes down -- nothing gets 100.00000000000000% uptime for any decent length of time -- but Apple should own up to it when it does go awry.
    They do. http://www.apple.com/support/systemstatus/

Some customers should own up to when they try to compensate for their default ignorance, by assuming someone else is to blame.
    JamesBB