Hermes Apple Watch edition hits online store on Friday

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 23

thrang said:
    Hopefully they will eventually sell the bands separately, as my wife already has a Watch but likes the double wrap band...
    I don't see that happening. You want the band you have to buy Hermes. I just don't see them in the parts business. 

It would be nice, though. Their bands are exquisite and the superior craftsmanship is obvious. I'd really like to have the cuff or single tour. I suspect Hermès is pretty proud of their kit.
  • Reply 22 of 23

What annoys me is that this is the only watch face that I actually like. I cannot understand why - given the square display of the watch - Apple doesn't offer a similar square face to Hermes. All the analog faces are "round pegs in a square hole". In general I find the choice of faces quite poor. Hoping this changes soon!
    In general I like most of the watch faces. But I've been wanting  rectangular watch faces before the Hermès deal. But as soon as I saw that my hoper sank. I think because of that deal Apple may hold off on those, keeping them exclusive, similar to the ATT/iPhone partnership. That may not be the case, and that's fine with me but I'm not at all hopeful.

One nice touch Apple gave us is gold for the color of one of the faces for its gold sport watch. It's pretty nice looking, and I think it's available only that Sport, the Edition, and the Hermès.
  • Reply 23 of 23

...the Hermes package comes with a stainless steel Watch and leather straps designed exclusively for Apple's device. 

The Single Tour buckle, for example, is a classic wristwatch strap that starts at $1,100, while the Double Tour design wraps around the wrist twice and comes in at $1,250. The most expensive configuration is the $1,500 Cuff, which features a large leather strap and is only available with Apple's 42mm Watch.

The first part is pretty clear that this is a package deal. The second part reads like the pricing is just for the straps, but I inferring a SS Watch is included for the $ amounts shown. I guess I'll know for sure soon (Fri?).