Apple takes 50% off popular productivity apps in new iOS App Store campaign

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2016
In its latest iOS App Store promotion, Apple is for a limited time knocking 50 percent off a selection of 14 productivity titles like PCalc, task manager Things, second screen solution Duet Display and more.

The "Get Productive" sale will likely run for one week and includes popular task managers like Clear, Things, Moleskine Timepage and Due, as well as utilities like PCalc and package tracker Deliveries. Note taking apps are also represented in Drafts 4 and Carbo, the latter of which offers handwriting markup with support for iPad Pro and Apple Pencil.

A handful of PDF viewing and capture tools are part of the sale, including PDF Expert 5, Genius Scan+ and OCR scanning tool Prizmo.

Numerics, Amount Plus and second screen utility Duet Display are also included in Apple's promo.

In addition to the iOS sale, Mac versions of Clear, PCalc, Prizmo and Things are also being sold at half price. As the "Get Productive" campaign does not extend to the Mac App Store, it's not clear how long these individual app price cuts will remain effective, though customers should have a similar one-week window to purchase.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    I find many of the "Productivity" apps for the iPad to be too lightweight and gimmicky. Hoping apps will get more serious now that there's an iPad Pro
  • Reply 2 of 7
    Excuse my ignorance but you seem to have left out the most important detail: How do we access the specials?  I've looked every where I can think of on iTunes and I can't find any specials on Productivity apps.  Perhaps this is another feature that is restricted to just one of the world's 200 or so countries?  Again, something you should mention if that is indeed the case.
  • Reply 3 of 7
    joshajosha Posts: 901member
    MaxWeaver said:
    Excuse my ignorance but you seem to have left out the most important detail: How do we access the specials?  I've looked every where I can think of on iTunes and I can't find any specials on Productivity apps.  Perhaps this is another feature that is restricted to just one of the world's 200 or so countries?  Again, something you should mention if that is indeed the case.
    Good point, but I found in the Mac Mav 10.9  Apple App store FEATURED section.
    Grab the window quickly, it quickly moves through other Windows.
  • Reply 4 of 7
    foggyhillfoggyhill Posts: 4,767member
    It's straight up in the featured section of the app store is it should be. A sale would be "featured".
    josha said:
    MaxWeaver said:
    Good point, but I found in the Mac Mav 10.9  Apple App store FEATURED section.
    Grab the window quickly, it quickly moves through other Windows.

• Reply 5 of 7
    xbitxbit Posts: 390member
    The headline is a bit misleading. It's not Apple taking 50% off the apps, it's the developers who are. 
    eternalstorms
  • Reply 6 of 7
    In the Mac App store, Things is 'FOR ONE WEEK ONLY"
  • Reply 7 of 7
    MaxWeaver said:
    Here it is; the iOS App store link. Can't get a link from the Mac App Store for the full list but here are some of them.