Apple bumps tvOS to version 9.1.1, adds Podcasts app

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 28
    Maybe this one will finally fix the millisecond delay I get when using AirPlay from my iMac. I like to use it for multi-room playback but the delay makes it unlistenable. Wasn't an issue with my 3rd gen. 
  • Reply 22 of 28
    sog35 said:
    who the hell listens to podcasts on their TV set? You gotta be in your 70's 
    Um, I'm pretty sure a lot of people would. I plan on listening to Podcasts, especially since my TV is connected to surround sound. Having a dedicated Podcasts app is going to be nice. 
    edited January 2016
  • Reply 23 of 28
    It's good to see the podcasts app, but what happened to iTunes U?  I can't find it in the app store.
  • Reply 24 of 28
    jony0jony0 Posts: 378member
    mistergsf said:
    jony0 said:
    My thoughts exactly. Who the hell listens to only audio podcasts ? You gotta be in your 80s reminiscing about the golden age of radio ;-)
    Are you being sarcastic? I subscribe to a lot of DJ podcasts for music; no video required. Also news podcasts that you can just listen to during commuting or working out; no video required.
    Yes of course I was. I used the wink instead of /s suffix or the Sarcästic Umlaüt because it was more of a whimsical reply of the original comment while playfully mimicking its short sightedness. As a rule I never dictate my preferences or usage to the whole population as being the only possible use cases or needs.
    Here is the original comment in case you missed it or blocked the commenter :
    sog35 said:
    who the hell listens to podcasts on their TV set? You gotta be in your 70's 
  • Reply 25 of 28
    john.bjohn.b Posts: 2,742member
    It's an embarrassment that it has taken this much time for a company with that amount of resources to begin to bring the ATV4 into parity with the ATV3.  This is the company that developed tvOS, that has access to it far ahead of anyone else, and has the largest single contingent of Objective-C/Touch OS developers on the planet.

I can't begin to imagine working for an organization that rewards that kind of half-assed dedication to a product with the size of the ad campaign buy I'm seeing on network TV.

Shaking. My. Head.
  • Reply 26 of 28
    Well and I keep asking the same question over and over again - when will Apple finally show some love for their ATV3 and make Apple Music available there as well? I still have several of those as well as the ATV4 (and no I'm not going to ditch them and buy ATV4 instead) and I want to be able to finally use Apple Music everywhere, I don't see what's preventing Apple from doing it other than the simple fact that they probably don't care or expect people to invest in ATV4.
  • Reply 27 of 28
    crowleycrowley Posts: 10,453member
    john.b said:
    It's an embarrassment that it has taken this much time for a company with that amount of resources to begin to bring the ATV4 into parity with the ATV3.  This is the company that developed tvOS, that has access to it far ahead of anyone else, and has the largest single contingent of Objective-C/Touch OS developers on the planet.
    3 months?  Most other consumer tech products would be lucky to see a single bug fix software update in three months, let alone major functionality rollout.  3 months is fine, now they have the other 9 months of the year to further improve it over the tv 3.
    williamlondon