Apple Pay support reported to arrive at Bank of America, Wells Fargo ATMs

2»

Comments

• Reply 20 of 23
    zoetmbzoetmb Posts: 2,654member
    Nice that Apple Pay is getting more adoption everywhere. It should be noted that the best source for anonymous and secure transactions is still cash and it'll be a dark day when the US eventually becomes a cashless society. Fiat money which exists without real scarcity (it is easily manipulated for political purposes) and is controlled by a central bank eventually will become worthless. It doesn't matter if fiat currency is paper or digital. 
    They won't even get rid of pennies because of the political implications and you think we're going to officially go cashless?   Not happening.   And it figures you're opposed to the Fed.  At least you're consistent. 

• Reply 22 of 23
    zoetmbzoetmb Posts: 2,654member
    Nice that Apple Pay is getting more adoption everywhere. It should be noted that the best source for anonymous and secure transactions is still cash and it'll be a dark day when the US eventually becomes a cashless society. Fiat money which exists without real scarcity (it is easily manipulated for political purposes) and is controlled by a central bank eventually will become worthless. It doesn't matter if fiat currency is paper or digital. 
    (I thought I already responded to this, but I don't see my post.  Sorry if it's posted twice).

They won't even get rid of pennies which cost more to make than they're worth and are a pain for retailers and everyone who uses them and you think we're going to go cashless?   Never going to happen in any of our lifetimes.   And it figures that you hate the Fed.  At least you're consistent.    But the dollar is doing quite fine right now - in fact its strength is actually a bit of a problem because it makes U.S. products expensive elsewhere, so it hurts exports. 
  • Reply 23 of 23
    linkmanlinkman Posts: 1,035member
    I recently had an ATM inconveniently swallow my card because of a faulty eject mechanism -- I'll be more than glad to eliminate this card from the wallet.