Apple offers free repairs for 2013 Mac Pros with defective video cards

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 43
    It would be nice if apple were to offer the same service on its MacBook pros . I've owned MacBook pros since  the switch to Intel processors and I'm on my 4th one. Each one dying from video card failure! I know I'm not the only one. 
  • Reply 42 of 43
    I will agree that the GPUs have fallen behind from where they should be, but I'm sure Apple will come up with an update this year. Especially now that Thunderbolt 3 is here and a single bus can support a 5K display.
  • Reply 43 of 43
    Loby01Loby01 Posts: 6member
    staticx57 said:
    lkrupp said:
    No they did not. Professionals use the 5K Retina iMac these days. That’s what Alex Lindsay, the founder of PixelCorps and former Lucasfilm member, says about the Mac pro market. So many of you techie “wannabes but never quite” describe the so-called pro market as being machines with expansion slots. You live in some obsolete tower PC world that is fading quickly. Lindsay says PixelCorps’ 5K Retina iMacs outperform their Mac Pros significantly and he is a REAL professional whose company filmed in the White House recently. So your statement that Apple abandoned the professional market a while ago is ignorantly misinformed. How do you think all these movies and shows are being put together with FCP? On Hackintosh towers? Blathering nonsense.
    So the iMac outperforming the Mac PRO supports them not abandoning the pro market? I thought it would be the other way around. 
    I have read an article about this (just one benchmark test).  Though it may be true (in some regards overall), but if you are doing hard core video processing the mac pro 2013 is a better selection.  The iMac to some degree and in everyday usage may be more powerful overall, but subjecting the iMac to 12-14 hours straight of processing a day, sometimes at a week's time should make it not last long or burn out over faster over time.  Just a small fraction of an increase does not compare to overall processing for long hours.  I do not think the iMac would last a "pro" schedule.