In new court filing, Apple cites 9 other cases in which FBI asserted the All Writs Act

124»

Comments

• Reply 61 of 67
    fallenjtfallenjt Posts: 4,054member

prox said:
    Same as US government, did the security check to make sure the devices didn't contain codes spying on them, but it doesn't mean to create back door, idiot.
  • Reply 62 of 67
    nemo227 said:
    damonf said:
    Soooooo what was the FBI saying about "Just this once" regarding the San Bernardino iPhone?  Looks like "more than once" to me.
    Huh?  The people in government sometimes hold back information or actually LIE?  Wait; their lips are moving.
    "We're from the government and we know what's best."
    I guess they've never heard of a government of the people, by the people, for the people.  And I'm sure they don't know that slavery was abolished and we don't belong to the government.
    Huh ? Everyone know it's a government of the people, to rule the people, for other people. And slavery was not abolished it was rebranded and re-marketed. 

It is people suffering from these illusionary deficiencies that do things like buy Samsung phones or make WSHH vids. 
  • Reply 63 of 67
    "Look, I used to run the NSA, OK?" Hayden told USA TODAY. "Back doors are good. Please, please, Lord, put back doors in, because I and a whole bunch of other talented security services around the world -- even though that back door was not intended for me -- that back door will make it easier for me to do what I want to do, which is to penetrate."

not that "talented" if all you need to do is open the "back door". real talent would be cracking or circumventing the encryption yourself.
  • Reply 64 of 67
    adm1 said:
    not that "talented" if all you need to do is open the "back door". real talent would be cracking or circumventing the encryption yourself.
    I agree, real talent isn't demonstrated by walking through a door opened by someone else. Real talent would be gathering all the evidence they need without violating anyone's civil rights, but law enforcement is lazy because it has force and impunity on its side underpinned by fear-mongering ("the muslims are coming to kill you and the black men are about to rape your white daughters").

Also, remember this whole thing is just a fishing expedition - they've no idea what's actually on the phone.
  • Reply 65 of 67
    roakeroake Posts: 811member

prox said:
    jkichline said:
    ibill said:
    Do you have a source for that claim, or are you just making stuff up?
    I'm sure they are just repeating what Fox News told him to say.
    http://www.france24.com/en/20160219-usa-apple-plays-digital-privacy-hardball-with-fbi-but-not-china
    Did you actually read that article before linking it?  It does not support your claim.
  • Reply 66 of 67

"Look, I used to run the NSA, OK?" Hayden told USA TODAY. "Back doors are good. Please, please, Lord, put back doors in, because I and a whole bunch of other talented security services around the world -- even though that back door was not intended for me -- that back door will make it easier for me to do what I want to do, which is to penetrate."

He desperately wants to penetrate everyone’s back door, without their consent.  

Who are the terrorists when government officials unconsciously employ rape language to describe what they want to do to citizens?

• Reply 67 of 67
    ibillibill Posts: 400member
    prox said:
    ibill said:
    Do you have a source for that claim, or are you just making stuff up?
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3456654/Apple-refusing-unlock-San-Bernardino-terrorist-s-phone-ask-did-seemingly-let-China-secret-data-security-checks-year.html I think if you do a Google Search plenty more articles can be found.
    Both the UK and French articles you cite refer to a Quartz article (whoever that is) that makes allegations about Apple in China which are unsubstantiated. Furthermore, the most direct allegation made is that Apple needed to establish with the Chinese government that iPhone does not have a back door (also unsubstantiated but certainly plausible). That is quite different fundamentally from Apple being forced by DOJ to create a backdoored version of iOS for them.

They also claim that Apple provided iOS source code to the Chinese government, however they offer no evidence for that allegation. I find that very difficult to believe, and frankly do not believe it.