Apple press event coming week of March 21 with new iPad & new 4-inch 'iPhone SE,' said to lack 3D T

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 50
    josujosu Posts: 217member
    Soli said:
    josu said:
    A good reason to bet than sooner or later all Apple hardware will be running on A chips. The A9x is nearly on par with the MacBook Intel processor, so is a matter of time. The only thing that can prevent it is Creative Cloud and Office.
    While I suspect that is where Apple is heading, and that I'd the 12" MacBook to continue with Intel (along with a 14" MacBook); with the MacBook Air being regulated to the entry-level Mac starting around $800 USD—no Boot Camp or VMs support (which most people never use)—we are a very long way from Apple's processor prowess replacing Intel in the MacBook Pros, iMacs, or Mac Pros.
    So we agree, is a matter of time, how much is the matter.
  • Reply 42 of 50
    I've had 3D Touch since the first day it has been made available to consumers. I have to be honest and say that I have not used it all that much since the first couple of weeks. It's a 'nice to have' feature, not necessarily 'must have', at least in the case of people like me. 

In other words, it's probably not the end of the world that the new 4-inch iPhone does not have the feature. I doubt that it's going to matter a whole heck of a lot. 
    Sorry but Apple doesn't do gimicks.  They don't just trown things at the wall to see what sticks.  Apple waited until the perfect time to release 3D touch to the world (as usual).  The fact that you don't see what a game changer it is is your fault, not Apple's.
    edited February 2016
  • Reply 43 of 50
    I've had 3D Touch since the first day it has been made available to consumers. I have to be honest and say that I have not used it all that much since the first couple of weeks. It's a 'nice to have' feature, not necessarily 'must have', at least in the case of people like me. 

In other words, it's probably not the end of the world that the new 4-inch iPhone does not have the feature. I doubt that it's going to matter a whole heck of a lot. 
    Sorry but Apple doesn't do gimicks.  They don't just trown things at the wall to see what sticks.  Apple waited until the perfect time to release 3D touch to the world (as usual).  The fact that you don't see what a game changer it is is your fault, not Apple's.
    Exactly what "game" did it change so far? Seriously!? I know of no one that talks about or uses it at all. 
    edited February 2016 anantksundaram
  • Reply 44 of 50
    Would love to see a quiet refresh of the Mac Pro after the event, even if it doesn't get stage time.
    tallest skil
  • Reply 45 of 50
    cali said:
    iPhone SE = Special Edition.
    Makes way more sense than 5se.

apple ][ said:
    It's been awhile since the last Apple event. Bring on the new one! I assume that Apple will be streaming it live again, and I assume that I will be watching it again.

As always, I hope that there's something completely new that nobody knows about and something that nobody has even thought about mentioning in any rumor. 

As for phone size, they can't just keep going bigger, and I think that it's a good move to offer some options for people who like smaller phones. My current iPhone is a 5S, and it suits me great.

Hell, I think that it would be cool to see an iPhone Nano with a 2" or 2.5" display.

My cousin waited years for an "iPhone Nano". He finally settled for a 5s.

I quoted the post just so that cool graphic could appear again. I wouldn't pass on a 4" iPhone to wait for the nano, but damn that looks nice. It would be almost exactly the size of the new Apple TV remote.
  • Reply 46 of 50
    fallenjtfallenjt Posts: 4,056member
    Sorry, Troll but Apple doesn't do gimicks.  They don't just trown things at the wall to see what sticks.  Apple waited until the perfect time to release 3D touch to the world (as usual).  The fact that you don't see what a game changer it is is your fault, not Apple's.
    Exactly what "game" did it change so far? Seriously!? I know of no one that talks about or uses it at all. 
    Do it all the time for taking pictures, accessing photo, emails, sms...
    ericthehalfbee
  • Reply 47 of 50
    Please tell me why any developer would craft a user interface to use 3D touch if 3D touch is not going to be available on all new phones.
  • Reply 48 of 50
    Etienne said:
    Please tell me why any developer would craft a user interface to use 3D touch if 3D touch is not going to be available on all new phones.

Don't know much about development, do you? Or 3D Touch.
    edited February 2016
  • Reply 49 of 50
    uffenmanuffenman Posts: 50member
    I sure hope Apple will put out a 4" iPhone with 128GB Storage.  I don't care about Touch or NFC...I just don't want a big phone....