'Let us loop you in' live: Apple's March 21 event will be streamed online

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 30
    kevin keekevin kee Posts: 1,289member
    Guys, you are missing the point. It is not about what is obvious and shown, it's more important on what is NOT in there. Petals, colors of gold, rose gold, silver, grey space, intersection, apple logo and the text itself may reveal to you many things, but I am more interested in the things that they don't tell,
  • Reply 22 of 30
    pmzpmz Posts: 3,433member
    The iPhone SE is the killer at this event. It is an overdue product that should have replaced the 5s last September, but Apple made a strategic decision to squeeze a little more profit out of 5s, while hoping to encourage some of the 4" device people to take the plunge on a more $expensive 6s.

Apple did not want a less expensive way to buy in to the key features of the 6s, so they held this back until now when 6s has hit maturity. A wise strategic move, as they will now have much bigger quarter leading up to the iPhone 7 launch, as the 4" iPhone market is ripe for an upgrade.

As for iPad Pro 9.7"...I'm glad for the 8 people who 'need Apple Pencil support yesterday', but think the iPad Pro is too big...

I'm expecting the iPad Pro 9.7" model to start at $499, and the iPad Air 2 to dropdown to $399. I believe these two maneuvers to be Apple's current strategy to give iPad sales a moderate bump.
  • Reply 23 of 30
    lkrupplkrupp Posts: 10,557member
    apple ][ said:
    lkrupp said:
    This will be disappointing. Apple events are always disappointing don’t you know. Just ask the always disappointed crowd.
    As Apple history has proven over and over again, the greater that the resistance and the outcry is from the troglodyte crowd, the bigger the success will be.

There will always be a few ignorant people living in the past, clinging to their IDE hard drives, their 3.5" floppy disks and the obsolete way of doing things. These people are terrified of change, and they wouldn't recognize a brilliant, new, innovative idea even if it landed right on top of their head.

Apple's biggest successes, like the iPhone and iPad, have all been met with massive amounts of scorn, criticism and ridicule from many people. Multiple geniuses who confidently declared and loudly boasted that the products would flop. These massive idiots could not have been more wrong of course.

I hope that there's plenty of whining after this Apple event too, because I think that there is a direct corrolation between the amount of whining and the success of a product. :#

Sort of inversely proportional, eh. The more the pontificators pontificate and the bloviators bloviate the more successful the released product will be. So true, so true.
  • Reply 24 of 30
    mattinozmattinoz Posts: 2,446member
    pmz said:

As for iPad Pro 9.7"...I'm glad for the 8 people who 'need Apple Pencil support yesterday', but think the iPad Pro is too big...
    I know at least 8 people who've gone to the Apple store played with the Pro12 and come out convinced the Pencil is amazing for drawing but the pro is just a bit to big for that use.

I tried it myself and made the comment to the Apple store sales person. The response seemed very well rehearsed.
    Still if there are only 8 people it's good for me as I'll be able to buy without waiting.
  • Reply 25 of 30
    isteelersisteelers Posts: 738member
    pmz said:
    The iPhone SE is the killer at this event. It is an overdue product that should have replaced the 5s last September, but Apple made a strategic decision to squeeze a little more profit out of 5s, while hoping to encourage some of the 4" device people to take the plunge on a more $expensive 6s.

Apple did not want a less expensive way to buy in to the key features of the 6s, so they held this back until now when 6s has hit maturity. A wise strategic move, as they will now have much bigger quarter leading up to the iPhone 7 launch, as the 4" iPhone market is ripe for an upgrade.

I'm expecting the iPad Pro 9.7" model to start at $499, and the iPad Air 2 to dropdown to $399. I believe these two maneuvers to be Apple's current strategy to give iPad sales a moderate bump.
    I always get a laugh at people who think "greedy Apple" has some sinister agenda with regards to some missing product line.  There could be a myriad of reasons why this product didn't exist last year but the usual suspects always pull out the "greedy Apple" card when reason has left them.   Apples prices are in line with other companies flagship phones. They just don't have to run the BOGO offers to get people to buy their stuff. 
  • Reply 26 of 30
    jdwjdw Posts: 1,411member
    New iPhone?  Don't need it or want it.
    New iPad?  Interesting, but don't need it.
    New MacBook?  YES, PLEASE!  But no rumors to be found.  :-(

I am talking about the 2016 MacBook, not the MacBook "PRO."  While by no means "low cost" at least it is lower cost than most of the MBP series, and hopefully they get it right this time with better performance and a second USB-C port.  I don't care about headphones.  Give us the second port!
  • Reply 27 of 30
    canukstormcanukstorm Posts: 2,732member
    pmz said:

"I'm expecting the iPad Pro 9.7" model to start at $499, and the iPad Air 2 to dropdown to $399."

From a consumer point of view, that would be great but I doubt it. I anticipate the iPad Pro 9.7" to start at $599 but there is a good possibility the iPad Air 2 drops to $399 starting price.
  • Reply 28 of 30
    fallenjtfallenjt Posts: 4,056member
    pmz said:

Phil Schiller says: the new iPad Air, because it's so powerful, it deserves a new name: iPad Pro!
  • Reply 29 of 30
    fallenjtfallenjt Posts: 4,056member
    jdw said:
    New iPhone?  Don't need it or want it.
    New iPad?  Interesting, but don't need it.
    New MacBook?  YES, PLEASE!  But no rumors to be found.  :-(

I am talking about the 2016 MacBook, not the MacBook "PRO."  While by no means "low cost" at least it is lower cost than most of the MBP series, and hopefully they get it right this time with better performance and a second USB-C port.  I don't care about headphones.  Give us the second port!
    Dude! MBP was on sale on BH Photo often for ~$1000, way cheaper than New MB and a lot more powerful.
    edited March 2016