Purported packaging leak claims to confirm 'iPhone SE' name, NFC for Apple's new 4" iPhone

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 28
    toddzrxtoddzrx Posts: 254member
    sog35 said:
    Data caps (hard to stream videos and music because of this), 4K video capabilities in smartphones, storage size of apps especially games, many people also don't want their photos and other data in the cloud, etc.. 16GB just won't cut it. Sure they can go 64GB but $100 more is a $100 more. I think Apple should up the base model to 32GB and I doubt that will hurt their margin so much.
    So you want to force people who don't need 32GB to buy a 32GB phone?  You are not making any sense.

Its obvious that many people like 16GB phones.  I only use 11GB on my 64GB 6+.

Just because it does not fit YOUR LIFE does not mean it fits others.

And if Apple increases the first tier to 32GB it will cost customers more one way or the other.

If you have special needs then just shell out the $100. I mean seriously.  If you want the best you need to pay more.  And with Apple's strong stance against the FBI, I'm more convinced then ever to stick with Apple products.

Personally I've never heard of anyone choosing an Android phone over an iPhone because the Android had 32GB storage vs 16GB on iPhone. And getting the 64GB phone cost literally pennies a day over 2 years. It cost $4 a month to have 64GB vs 16GB.  That's less than a coffee from starbucks.  If $4 a month is going to kill you then maybe you should buy a $99 Android phone instead.
    But those who don't need 16GB, and would be fine with 8, are forced to buy 16, according to your logic.  Cuts both ways pal.
  • Reply 22 of 28
    dasanman69dasanman69 Posts: 13,002member
    sog35 said:
    Apps. My son has a 16GB iPad , and he has no music, nor photos, and only a handful of apps. He's constantly playing musical apps. Temporarily deleting some to get new ones, then deleting those to put the old ones back on. The iPhone/iPad are supposed to be post PC devices but as long as they're crippled by these storage limits the post PC era will never come to fruition. 
    Your son should upgrade to a 64GB or 128GB model.  

Apple never said the 16GB iPad was one size fits all.  This is like buying a sub compact car and grumbling a year latter that you can't fit 6 people in the car.

Next time your son has to research how much storage he needs for his usage.  Its as simple as that.

Even the 64GB model may be too small for some users.  That's why you need to RESEARCH before you buy something. Your son has no one to blame except himself (or you)
    How does one research the apps they're going to get in the future without knowing what needs you're suddenly going to have or what apps are going to become popular overnight? 

How can you research what your needs are going to be in a year, a year and a half, or 2 years?  The only reason I bought the 16GB model was because there were dozens of them available, and I couldn't wait for a higher storage one. 
    edited March 2016
  • Reply 23 of 28
    mac_128mac_128 Posts: 3,454member
    Eric_WVGG said:
    I’ve always gone with the smallest capacity iPhone available, never regretted it. All my photos go to Instagram, don’t listen to a lot of music on the go. 

I am going to break that tradition in two weeks, though… this is going to sound a bit crazy, but with all the cop violence going on around here, I don’t want to risk seeing something and not having enough capacity to film it. 
    This is exactly the reason I upgraded to a 64GB iPhone. Well, not EXACTLY ...

All of my photos are uploaded to iCloud, and I don't keep that many on the phone. I do keep a fairly large amount of shared photos on the phone from the cloud, but I got really tired of having to shrink those collections when I've needed more local space, and then wait for them to reload when I needed to show them to someone again. I also keep the minimum apps I need on the phone, and got tired of having to download an occasionally used app when I needed it, especially over LTE. The same for iBooks I wanted to read.

But the biggest issue became shooting video. My phone would fill up with photos, videos, books, etc. that I hadn't gotten around to backing up and deleting, and I would start shooting a video only to find I didn't have the space to save it all. 

So put me in the column of 16GB not really being enough for the average user. Yes, someone can manage their way through 16GB, but typically speaking, I'd bet the average user doesn't really think about all of that stuff, whether they should or not. 
  • Reply 24 of 28
    Hey look, considering that Apple uses google computers to store iCloud data it makes sense to keep your "stuff" safer in your iPhone or whatever. 16gb is a starter storage and is realistically irrelevant like a floppy disk. 

So yeah safer for now but that's until the courts make apple create a garbage iOS. Then we'll be free to buy android because what's the incentive then paying up the nose for the same junk. The logic here is in an unsafe and unsecured system the gimmicks will claim the prize and Samsung has tons of gimmicks. Good luck Apple, I'm hoping you'll actually pull it off. 
    edited March 2016
  • Reply 25 of 28
    fallenjtfallenjt Posts: 4,056member
    LOL...I don't mind if it's for lowest tier. But, damn 16GB is ridiculous for $550 phone. My wife got zero additional apps beside stock apps and her phone filled up only after 6 months with pictures. The damn Live Photos take a lot of storage space. Cheap ass Apple should move to 32GB for mid tier phone.
  • Reply 26 of 28
    gant75gant75 Posts: 2member
    Do you know what "nefarious" means? Bit strong, isn't it?
  • Reply 27 of 28
    dasanman69dasanman69 Posts: 13,002member
    sog35 said:
    How does one research the apps they're going to get in the future without knowing what needs you're suddenly going to have or what apps are going to become popular overnight? 

How can you research what your needs are going to be in a year, a year and a half, or 2 years?  The only reason I bought the 16GB model was because there were dozens of them available, and I couldn't wait for a higher storage one. 
    Dude man. Give me a break. Everyone who knows anything knows that 16GB is for minimal users.  Not people who use a bunch of big Apps. Again it was a failure of research.

So if your son's needs changed then you just need to upgrade.

Again this is like a guy buying a sub-compact car and then a year latter he marries a women with 5 kids.  Would it be logical for this man to blame the car maker that he can't fit his family of 7 in his sub-compact car?  HELL NO.  Circumstances change so he needs to get a different car.  Same with iPads/iPhones.  If your needs change then you will need to upgrade.  

You didn't answer the questions. How does one research an unforseen future?