Why the iPhone SE will appeal to new smartphone users

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 25
    I want a flagship 4" phone. This is really really close to what I've wanted from AAPL since the rumors of the size increase of the 6 began. All the newest features (possible) in the size I really truly liked. 3D Touch being missing isn't necessarily a deal breaker but the old Touch ID hardware/software being used is. I got the 6 when it came out and the 6s and have liked each but I was still hoping for a 4" release alongside them. Maybe the 8 will come with the three size models being sold simultaneously. Switching now would be a slight regression for me. I'm sure now there won't be a 4" iPhone 7 but maybe there will be an 4" SE model this same time next year. If so I may hold off on a 7 purchase in September if nothing is compelling enough to upgrade. 
  • Reply 22 of 25
    fallenjtfallenjt Posts: 4,054member
    mcarling said:
    I expect the hundred million or so iPhone 4, 4S, 5, 5C, and 5S users who didn't upgrade to the iPhone 6 or 6S because they didn't want a phablet are going to find the iPhone SE very attractive. I intend to order one to replace my iPhone 5S as soon as they are available to order.
    30M...
  • Reply 23 of 25

apple ][ said:
    I bought a brand new iPhone 5S a few months ago, because I got it for dirt cheap, and it's great, I like it a lot, but I think that I am just going to walk into an Apple store on March 31, and swap my 5S for a 5SE.
    You won't find 5SE in Apple stores because it doesn't exist.
  • Reply 24 of 25

mac_128 said:
    qwwera said:
    it's THE perfect device for first time smartphone owners. Especially when you compare to cheap Android phones which are basically disposable gadgets that are never updated software-wise and on your own where it comes to bugs or glitches or malware.
    It's the perfect device for long time smartphone owners! I'm not even sure why this article was written. It's an amazing iPhone period, the fact Apple is selling it for $399 is ridiculous. 

The only reason a first time smartphone owner wouldn't want it is because they want a larger screen, and in 6 months when the 7 comes out, the 6 will fill that slot at $450, or less.. 

It is ridiculous because the 5S was still at $450 a day before that. I could never imagine that they released t latest hardware design in 5S chassis for that price. I thought the least would be $499 or replace 5S with the same price. Apple can easily sell 10 of millions of this 4" phone in iPhone 6 chassis for $550. 4" lovers get a great deal on this phone unexpectedly.
    edited March 2016
  • Reply 25 of 25
    Still $700 Canadian for the 64GB model, plus taxes. Can anyway say ouch?
    Drive across the border to get it cheaper.