Shares of PayPal slide amidst rumors of browser-based Apple Pay checkout

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 25
    This would be great. Screw PayPal. I've been hoping for a comparable payment system to work with eBay for awhile now. ApplePay would be awesome.
  • Reply 22 of 25
    jrg_ukjrg_uk Posts: 64member
    Braintree (a PayPal subsidiary) have been offering Apple Pay support since launch (along with Stripe and others).

PayPal don't really seem to care as long as they are involved in processing the transaction, though obviously pure card transactions leave them with a slimmer cut.
  • Reply 23 of 25
    TheDonTheDon Posts: 1member
    Can not wait to close my Paypal account. These fraudulent PayPal bastards lost me a small amount of cash ($200), due to them providing and accepting payment methods via a dodgy auction bidding site. I put my faith in Paypal to ensure they thoroughly checked Company's they had dealings with, but when I made a claim about not receiving goods from this well known company, Paypal simply suggests, due to the transaction being that of a virtual credit (bids), they were unable to refund my lost cash. There are hundreds that have now been duped by this online auction bidder site, yet PayPal refuse to remove their payment method from their site. No more for these money hungry turds. Bring on ApplePay yesterday. 
  • Reply 24 of 25
    trumptmantrumptman Posts: 16,464member
    I have both Paypal and Apple Pay. I've had no problem with both. I'll have to admit that I'm very bothered by the fact that many places I'm using Apple Pay still require me to enter a PIN or sign something even when I've used my fingerprint to prove I am me and provide access to my card. Apple needs to do something about that! They have an advantage that isn't even being exploited properly.
  • Reply 25 of 25
    igorskyigorsky Posts: 755member
    trumptman said:
    I have both Paypal and Apple Pay. I've had no problem with both. I'll have to admit that I'm very bothered by the fact that many places I'm using Apple Pay still require me to enter a PIN or sign something even when I've used my fingerprint to prove I am me and provide access to my card. Apple needs to do something about that! They have an advantage that isn't even being exploited properly.
    This is a merchant problem, not an Apple problem.  100% of any issues I've had with Apple Pay have been caused by poor implementation (or none at all) on the part of the merchant.
    edited March 2016