Apple's iPhone SE brings poor Bluetooth call quality for some users

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 27
    chopitchopit Posts: 2member
    lkrupp said:
    bdkennedy said:
    "Apple has very much become engaged in this issue. They have had me do extensive testing of various conditions in order to document and troubleshoot."

How about letting them find a unit with the problem and they can document and troubleshoot on their own?
    I’m always leery of customer reports like this one. Too much temptation to enhance one’s importance. I don’t see Apple engineering working directly with a customer as this claim states.
    Be leery all you want but an Apple Support tech from Texas contacted me (im not the same user as quoted) after I bitched about having the same problem on Apples Support forums.  We went through numerous tests and questions about my problems and he even sent a file to download to my phone so they could track my BT audio while it was streaming.  The info he said would be passed onto to the engineers there.  If you think I was wasting 40 minutes on the phone with Apple  or on here for a little street credit then your dead wrong.  I think there trying to get out in front of this by reaching out to as many people as possible to find a solution.
  • Reply 22 of 27
    chopitchopit Posts: 2member
    apple ][ said:

Music via bluetooth works fine and sounds fine, it's only the calls for some people that have the issues it seems, according to what I read on the Apple forums.

Does it, mine sounds like shit compared to my 5s when playing the same songs on the same speakers via BT and even through headphones?
  • Reply 23 of 27
    wood1208wood1208 Posts: 2,913member
    As said by countless people in many mobile forums with their own experience that BT is always a problem either pairing or flawless working. Because gadget manufacturers don't follow standards well and no phone manufacturers can test cross compatibility with zillion of gadgets or varying BT implementation out their. If iphone 4S BT was fine than iphone SE with better BT chip(BT 4.2) inside must be good; other than software patch for those orphan child BT implementation.
    edited April 2016
  • Reply 24 of 27
    macguimacgui Posts: 2,360member
    lkrupp said:
    I’m always leery of customer reports like this one. Too much temptation to enhance one’s importance. I don’t see Apple engineering working directly with a customer as this claim states.
    Did you actually read the original report? The part that said:

"I have been working with a high level support person who has assured me he is working directly with engineering"

i.e. "a high level support person... is working directly with engineering"

Over the years I've known and known of a few people who've been bumped up the support chain to have a problem fixed. It's not that unusual. It's a matter of the severity of a problem.

- - -

Maybe it's just a software glitch. Like previous problems it could be that a simple hard reboot fixes things. Or it may be that no one remedy works for everybody.

Yesterday a friend complained her iP6 would crash apps and take her back to the Home screen. I did a hard reboot and everything was fine. So how knows.

One thing we can count on- because it's an iPhone, trolls both amateur and professional while act like Apple is the only company that 'fails' at everything they do and nobody ever has a problem with any other manufacturer's product. Ever.

Every time there is a problem, which is most often minor in the real world, we get headlines and -gates and they are a BIG thing, END OF DAYS stuff, until one day- they aren't. Suddenly, there are no complaints. Apparently the Apple Death Squads and Clean Up Squads to their work well.
  • Reply 25 of 27
    jcs2305jcs2305 Posts: 1,337member
    chopit said:
    lkrupp said:
    Be leery all you want but an Apple Support tech from Texas contacted me (im not the same user as quoted) after I bitched about having the same problem on Apples Support forums.  We went through numerous tests and questions about my problems and he even sent a file to download to my phone so they could track my BT audio while it was streaming.  The info he said would be passed onto to the engineers there.  If you think I was wasting 40 minutes on the phone with Apple  or on here for a little street credit then your dead wrong.  I think there trying to get out in front of this by reaching out to as many people as possible to find a solution.
    First of all what is with all the defensiveness? The comment was made about the person referenced in the article, yet somehow you have taken that to mean you?  Next the article clearly is in regard to people having bt call quality issues, yet your tech gave you a file to somehow test your bt audio streaming? You claimed to have bitched about the same call quality issues, yet the tests were with streaming audio?  What I am saying is your story doesn't make sense, and your defensiveness only makes it seem less likely. Also how is exactly is Apple reaching out to people to get in front of this? Are you also claiming that they are randomly calling customers and having them perform bt tests?  Street cred or not this comment seems like BS to me. I am not defending Apple or even saying that there isn't something going on with the bt on these new devices I am saying YOU are full of crap.
  • Reply 26 of 27
    I have a 2014 Ford Explorer. After trading an iPhone 5s and an I phone 5, that neither had any issues with sound quality, in on two iPhone SE's. The sound, on phone calls, is as if we're listening on broken speakers.
    I have been to the Ford garage and had Ford's latest software upgrades installed. I've reset the phones to original settings and repaired both phones with the car. 
    The problem persists.
    Recently I received a phone call while using a set of Bluant Blutooth head sets. I found the same sound problem there. The sound quality is fine if listening to Sirius or Pandora on the device apps. The issues only appear with incoming voice quality with phone service.
    Spoke with Apple tech support that bumped me up to the Technical Engineers who acted like there were unaware of the problems.
    Im hoping there is a patch / software update coming soon to remedy this annoying problem.

• Reply 27 of 27
    my se has poor quality audio with regular phone calls